If I'm 5'11, is a 164cm board too big? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:19 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan2009 View Post
Im about 205-210 and I am probably just going down mountains/powder. I am not going to go to any parks or halfpipes or anything like that.

Also, which one would be better for me? the 164/26.2 or the 160/26? I am leaning towards the smaller one, but is it too narrow?
the 160 is gonna be alright, you won't notice the .2cm difference, size 14s you're gonna have to duck your stance pretty good no matter what board you get. My friend wears 13s and he rides some sort of Rossignol deck, it's a "wide" but I don't know the exact measures. My Legacy has waist of 26.5 if I remember correctly. I'm only size 11 but there's practically no overhang on a 0/0 stance on either of my boards.

164 is a lot of board to handle, like others have said, unless you're only cruising and riding pow. if that's the case, I might go with the 164.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
I recommend looking for some low volume boots. I know my Salomon F22s are at least a full size in overall footprint smaller than comparable boots - i.e. my 9.5 has the footprint of most 8.5s.

Like david z said, you're going to have issues with toe and/or heel drag with just about any board. Low volume boots would really help - much more so than the 0.2cm of width the longer board has, that's nothing.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 02:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What size snowboard

Here's some info on board sizing and width. The second link explains why.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode