Looking for a new board and bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
BeeDee

Default Looking for a new board and bindings

Hey, i've been looking for a new board for a little while now, i have no idea really what to get. I'm looking for a fast board for carving and steep mountains (not an alpine hard boot board though) ,i just want to go fast. i'm probably not going to go to the park so i don't need a park board. so i think i need a stiff board.

And i'm looking for some bidings to go with the board i like the flows so i'm thinking either the flow teams or nxt fx or anything else if you guys have suggestions.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2007, 07:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
BeeDee

i forgot to mention, i'm 5"11 and 220 lbs
Old 12-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
BeeDee

what is this smart base thing on the rome design?

Edit: i looked at those boards and i'm split between the NS, radon and rome design (mostly because i'm wondering about the smart base)

Last edited by BeeDee; 12-15-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
BeeDee

Now that i've looked at these boards now... and realised thet5 wasn't 200$(lol) i clicked this site and only realised later that they don't actually sell stuff on the website: Snowdevil - T5

So i'm looking at the radon, but does it matter what year i get, should i try to get the 2008? or is the 2007 pretty much the same thing? and what about the radon CT?

and finally, any suggestions on where to buy it?

and i'm actually looking at those rome targa's for binding, i'm gonna have to try the strap binding before i buy them though, my other board uses flow but if straps are better for steeps and carving i'll go with those. and are they better than the burton c60's ,c02's, and idioms?

thanks for all your help.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Smallfry506

hey if i were you i would look into a pair of Nidecker Act1 carbons as your bindings. Awsome response and feel. They are meant to freeride... they feel right at home digging treanches! I like them better than ride CAD's burton c60's and the flow's. The only binding setup i like better are cateks fr2 pro/limited but they are on a whole different price scale.

Also depending on how stiff you like your board you might want to check out the Dreamraider instead of the Radon. Right now my weapon of choice is the Dreamraider with a set of catek FR2 pro/limited's mounted up. Nothing beats going to a resort on a busy day and being able to lay some deep trenches that you can identify on a totally tracked out mountain for the entire day!

Where to buy atomic boards. I suggest you call them! They are really friendly. Ask them if they have any of the board your interested in. If they do ask them where is there closest retailer. Call the store and tell them you spoke with atomic and that they can order your board from them! Thats what i did as no one around me stocks any of there higher end stuff. Good luck man either way you will enjoy there boards...
Old 12-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
BeeDee

ah, well i live in quebec, and everything is expensive here. so i was going to just order the board online, but i'll take a look at those bindings/board. thanks

EDIT: those carteks looks awsome, but i can't find them online anywhere

Last edited by BeeDee; 12-16-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Take a look at the Triads...they are super fun bindings.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
BeeDee

i looked at the triads and the act 1's, but i think i really like those targas, if my budget allowed, i might've taken a longer look at those carteks, but at the moment i don't i'm gonna spend that much on the bindings.

and for the dreamrider board, does it still go well on groomed mountains? but for the price of that board i'm thinking i might get the T5 it seems i've only heared good about the t5.

so i'm still split... this is so much harder than i wanted it to be.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Smallfry506

yeah i live on the east coast and spend about 90% of my time on groomers. Edgehold and stability are outstanding. Even first runs of the day where that nasty hardpack crust develops that edge will sink right in. Even with the light front on it i never run into any nose shake while carving.

I know too many options are a pain in the butt but another freeride stick i really enjoy is the Neversummer Titian. Built like a tank and just as fast as superman! jk but it really is a qulity board that fits the bill for what you want. 3 year warrenty and always puts a smile on my face.

I think the the targas will make you happy. Yeah those Cateks are a piece of art. I feel they were a good investment. I mean the only wear parts on them are the straps and ratchets. everything else is metal so we will see.

Good luck and let us know what you end up getting... Freeride is where its at!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
BeeDee

well i might end up picking the board up at the end of the season, because at the moment i only need a board if i go with my brother, and i might just steal my cousins burton for this season ( i have no idea which model it is, it's maybe 3 years old and riden for maybe 2 years ) all i remember is that it's blue (hah very helpful) and it has my old crappy fire fly bindings on it so i might pick up the bindings before the end of the season. i think the board is between 152-158 , i don't really know though.

does the never summer stuff usually get good deals at the end of season?