Questions! NS Legacy sizing - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Questions! NS Legacy sizing

So, Ive been reading these forums for awhile, though have yet to post, but now I'm looking for some advise, basically on two things, the main one is sizing of a NS legacy.

The Background:

This is my first full season of riding, with about 7 days spread across 5 years in high school, then a four year break, and I've put in another 20 days with hopefully around another 20 to go depending on weather and when the snow melts, Big White is my home mountain, which this year is mainly hard pack though theres been a couple days of fresh snow lately and hopefully more to come. I've been mainly focusing on improving my turning on steeper and longer runs, as well as getting into trees, and hitting little side jumps, jumping off rollers etc. At the beginning of this season I bought a used setup - 159 2008 Dominant, Burton Freestyles, and Burton Rulers. The board has been fine, though the one deep powder day ended up a nightmare, partly due to the board sinking, partly due to loosing my keys but thats another story. So lately I've been wondering about getting a new board, longer, stabler in powder, as well as lately my boots have become super packed out and I've got a lot of heel lift.

I was trying some boots on today, and I guess this belongs in the boot section, but figured id post it here and maybe get some answers in the same thread, but the ones I tried on that fit decently, 686/NB boot, Salomon F22's, K2 T1's, K2 Darkos, all in Size 11, and all had the same problem, that being a bit of pressure on the outside edge of the left foot, the boot fitter mentioned that this happens a lot and could be remedied as well as they will pack out, although its a little concerning buying something that is questionable at the start.

But while I was at the store I noticed a NS legacy 161 for 40% off, and since I wasn't sure about the sizing, I asked if they had any other sizes, and they have a 163 ill be Demoing tomorrow, to see if I like RC/NS/stiffer board etc, and am Wondering if one, the legacy to wide for 11 boots? and what if 161 or 163 or maybe even bigger would be better, I weigh roughly 210lbs, and am in the 6'1" ballpark for height. For now my riding would be mainly working on steeper sections, trees, and always have the hope of another deep pow day, the biggest concern about the shorter boards would be float in deeper powder, and I'm not sure if thats much of a problem even in this area or not? I'd also possibly go in the park if I'm near it, but haven't ventured there in a while and I would be keeping the dominant as a rock board / park board so not a big deal there really.

Anyways I apologize for the long post, hope I included enough info to get some answers!

Thanks!

Last edited by Chris2347; 02-07-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Chris2347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2010, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
robbied

I think the legacy would be okay for size 11 boots.
It's wider than you need but it wouldn't make edge to edge transitions that much harder.
I wouldn't go bigger than 163 for an all-mountain board.
The Legacy is a great board and the RC will make you float really nicely in pow.
You could go with either the 161 or 163, the sizing is really similar.
If the 163 feels and turns comfortably go with that. Otherwise the 161 will turn a little quicker but as I said the sizing is very similar.