Sierra Crew vs Capita Sierrascope FK - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
haldir11

Default Sierra Crew vs Capita Sierrascope FK

Not sure which board to buy. The one problem I have with the sierrascope is that the board does not come in wide and I have an 11-11.5 boot, but the width is 255mm but I have a salomon faction boot (not sure If my boot will fit). I enjoy some park, bombing (so I need some stability), and aggressive carving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If your riding consists of "some park, bombing, and aggressive carving, I'd say the Crew for sure. The Sierrascope can be used as an all-mountain board, but is pretty park biased.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^ exactly what he said.

The Sierrascope ''could'' be all mountain, but forget the bombing part since it IS a park oriented board.

I'd try and get some good info regarding your boot compatibility with the crew, try a 15/-15 stance? They've got a good forum and chat at Sierra; post there.

Last edited by fredericp64; 02-08-2010 at 09:48 PM.
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get a Crew Wide...no question.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have to totally disagree with these posts. I have ridden the burton custom many times which the crew is a clone of and I have the sierrascope. the custom/crew is a good board nothing bad to say about it, it handles everything on the mountain pretty good. But it doesnt even come close to the sierrascope. this board is the TRUTH. I used to like stiffer board because of the control and fast response. ive ridden alot of flexy boards and hated them. and when I got the sierrascope I thought I wouldnt like it because it was pretty flexy for my taste. but DAMN this board hold a sick line in a carve, edge to edge respone is insane, ZERO chatter at mach speeds, the base is lightning fast, and best of all i can still press the shit out of it and mess around when I want to. its like two boards in one. im a bigger guy and thought a 156 would be to small compared to my usual 160 range. nope its perfect. out of 16 yrs of riding this is by far the best board I have ever owned. I would buy 3 more today if I could "just in case". also I have an 11 size boot and no drag at all. what ever they are doing over there at capita with that FK stuff WORKS!!!
NYinfamous2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i <3 my sierrascope too but i disagree. its the best board for me, but i dont like going fast. it is awesome on both edges but when its flat and i have to go fast it scares the shit out of me. that could be due to my lack of experience though. if i have been riding as long as the user above i would probably be more confident with it at speeds. if you do end up getting it i have a feeling you will spend more time in the park than youre use too. its so much fun and will elevate your park riding so quickly youll be hungry for more and start ignoring the trails, but in my personal opinion i think the crew would be best for you out of these 2 options.
c_mack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Those saying you can't bomb on a sierrascope clearly havn't ridden an FK board

The only place a sierrascope is going to lag slightly is in some really rough crud
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So you guys are saying that even at the highest speeds, this board won't buckle? (except in rougher terrain?)
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That's exactly what we're saying.

The FK tech is the best reverse camber tech on the market imo.
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

thats what Im saying. the sierrascope held up just as strong as my 160 stiff board that I used to use just for bombing days, wont buckle, no chatter and holds a Strongggggg edge. hahaha I know I couldnt believe it either lol I just got mine a few weeks ago and im honestly contemplating getting another one. who knows what will happen down the line, they might stop making them or change them, I wouldnt chang anything on my sierrascope. im even digging the crazy grafix that ppl on here seem to not like. even on the mt I had alot of ppl tellin me Yo that board is HOT what is that....
NYinfamous2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote