Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Artifact vs. Horror FK? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/24594-artifact-vs-horror-fk.html)

Fizzlicious 02-09-2010 01:58 AM

Ultrafear FK vs. Horror FK?

So after doing some reading it seems that the general consensus is that Capita's Horror FK is great for park and can still do a few runs outside of that. I've also been reading up on the Ultrafear. Now my question after looking at both boards, is that additional $100 for an Ultrafear justified besides just on paper?

mjd 02-09-2010 09:23 AM

i would tell you 'no'. but i ride a 51 horror fk and i really like it. i use it for a little bit of everything except on pow days of course. i guess if you're going to be doing a lot of all mountainy type stuff it might be worth it. i've heard varying views as to whether it stiffer or not. but if you're a park rat the horrorscope is the way to go. but that's just my thinking.

c_mack9 02-09-2010 10:27 AM

i think it might be but havent got to ride the ultrafear. if you want something inbetween the 2 look at the sierrascope. i think its cheaper than the horrorscope again.

Fizzlicious 02-09-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjd (Post 251910)
i would tell you 'no'. but i ride a 51 horror fk and i really like it. i use it for a little bit of everything except on pow days of course. i guess if you're going to be doing a lot of all mountainy type stuff it might be worth it. i've heard varying views as to whether it stiffer or not. but if you're a park rat the horrorscope is the way to go. but that's just my thinking.

Yeah I was pretty much set on the Horror FK since I don't plan on doing too much else on the mountain except the park this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_mack9 (Post 251943)
i think it might be but havent got to ride the ultrafear. if you want something inbetween the 2 look at the sierrascope. i think its cheaper than the horrorscope again.

I would definitely spring on a Sierrascope but the only sizes they have it in are the 52 and 56 :( Which kinda disappoints me

c_mack9 02-09-2010 03:41 PM

oh i see. what size are you gonna get? if i was only riding park i would probably go with the horror too. i figured you would use it all around as well, my bad. snag one up from sierra while theyre still on sale. i got an email from evo sayin their 2010 boards are on sale too but i havent checked it out yet since im not buying one for a while but heads up.

Fizzlicious 02-09-2010 05:39 PM

Just ordered a 147 from Martini Skate and Snow where my Googling finally paid off. AND got a 20% discount so stoked. I've been riding a Rome Artifact all over the mountain so I think even if I take the Horror out of the park it'll still hold up.