Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   what is the difference ebetween all of the rocker techs? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/24633-what-difference-ebetween-all-rocker-techs.html)

Pyrofeed 02-09-2010 07:25 PM

what is the difference ebetween all of the rocker techs?

I know there is bannanatech, Irock, the vrocker, R.C. What is the difference between all of these?

myschims 02-09-2010 07:38 PM

pretty sure banana has something that the rest dont, "magnatraction" or however you spell it. the edges are curved instead of just smooth, which i guess helps hold to the ice when you not in perfect snow.
i could be completely wrong, but from what Ive been told, that's about it.

extra0 02-09-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrofeed (Post 252299)
I know there is bannanatech, Irock, the vrocker, R.C. What is the difference between all of these?

they suck...jk

seriously though, a lot the above mentioned tech is still kinda transitional. Many people that were sold on original rockers are saying they don't quite cut it for intermediate to advanced riding. Pros like T-Rice and and Landvik are using versions of C2 tech on their models, which incorporates elements of traditional camber and reverse camber. C2 is basically lib's version of the neversummer "rocker & camber" tech (R.C.).

you also didn't mention bataleon's triple base tech, which is also traditional camber with raised contact points

Pyrofeed 02-09-2010 07:43 PM

I was sure there are more, but I just couldn't think of them. So what are the advantages to each one? or are there a few categories to put the techs in?

G2309 02-09-2010 08:16 PM

Most of the manufacturers websites give good descriptions on there rocker shapes and how its used.

BurtonAvenger 02-09-2010 08:21 PM

You want the dumbed down version that you evidently need I highly suggest reading these two posts. This will sort out all the stupidity that seems to come from every corner of the internet to descend on people asking this exact question.

The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Camber Theories Explained
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Camber Theories In Use

oxi 02-09-2010 08:28 PM

There's normal rocker, every company has a different name for it but pretty much all the same idea. It's only useful as a pure park/pow board imo. Then there's rocker and camber combined, almost every company has their own variation of it and call it something different. They're designed to give you the benefits of both worlds, all of them ride differently and which one is better is up to the person riding it. But the idea behind all of them is to give you the float of rocker with the edge control of camber.

Pyrofeed 02-09-2010 08:28 PM

But is there a difference between the individual company's takes on all of these shapes?

BurtonAvenger 02-09-2010 08:35 PM

Read what I posted it'll break it all down for you more so than someone that has no clue on a forum tells you.

Um...? 02-09-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 252360)
Read what I posted it'll break it all down for you more so than someone that has no clue on a forum tells you.

Do what this man says. He knows his shit and you'll get the answer you're looking for.