New Boarder...got some gear picked out...need approval - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 03:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Boarder...got some gear picked out...need approval

Ok, sup fellas. My name is John. I'm 28 from Dallas. I want to get in to boarding. Have a trip to Red River NM lined up for the first week in March, this will be my first time on snow, but my Mom and her husband just bought a little winter house out there I'm thinking I'm going to start going at least 2-3 times a year. My stats are: 5'11" 170lbs and my feet are exactly 11&1/8" standing barefoot. Though I'm new to boarding I'm pretty athletic and wakeboard, ride mx, ride xc and dirt jumping etc.. so I usually pick up stuff pretty quickly. I mention this because I don't really think I'll be happy on some POS newbie demo board so I'm wanting my own rig.

I live at REI (gotta love their return policy) and got on REI outlet and noticed they had some cool Salomon stuff on clearance. Here is what I'm thinking of picking up...

Salomon Drift board and Salomon Code bindings size L. I can get either a 156 or a 159 board. I'm thinking because my feet are a bit large and I probably weigh about 180lbs with my gear on I should go for the 159. I've heard freestyle boards are good for newbs. I pretty much will just use it for riding graded greens and blues for a trip or two but want a board that you can jump and play around on. Kinda like a BMX for the snow..I don't see my self doing crazy down hill runs or heli rides up to top of the mountain anytime soon..

For boots I was thinking Salomon F22. They are on sale plus I've heard about how the footprint is generally a size smaller than most boots. So if I get a 29 which is 11.5" it should have the footprint of a 10.5 to 11.

So my two big questions are will this boot fit on that board? And is that board going to suit me very well?

Thanks in advance guys..

Last edited by 181; 02-11-2010 at 12:23 AM.
181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 03:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
K1tt3n5

I can't comment on the gear, but one tip I can offer. YOU HAVE TO TRY ON THE BOOTS IN PERSON.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1tt3n5 View Post
I can't comment on the gear, but one tip I can offer. YOU HAVE TO TRY ON THE BOOTS IN PERSON.
I have to agree...i have the salomon Savage BOA boots and they ran big...I wear a size 10 shoe but i ft into a 9.5 perfectly...so go try on the boots!
pmoa is offline   Reply With Quote