Lib-Tech Dark Series C2 BTX vs. Gnu Altered Genetics BTX - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think if you are considering a NS instead of a LIB, then the F1-R is more suited to your style of riding. F1-R~=AG BTX or Dark Series C2, SL-R~=Trice C2 BTX or the DK C2 BTX
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
I think if you are considering a NS instead of a LIB, then the F1-R is more suited to your style of riding. F1-R~=AG BTX or Dark Series C2, SL-R~=Trice C2 BTX or the DK C2 BTX
I'm starting to think the same thing. I apologize for being obsessive, however is the F1-R Premier twin-directional or directional? I like the ability to ride switch, so how much will that really be hindered by a directional board? Probably is no big deal, but I am a detail guy.
billygold18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billygold18 View Post
I'm starting to think the same thing. I apologize for being obsessive, however is the F1-R Premier twin-directional or directional? I like the ability to ride switch, so how much will that really be hindered by a directional board? Probably is no big deal, but I am a detail guy.
Its a twinish directional board with some setback. The tail has a pointed shape with helps with powder float, but it wouldn't be difficult to center the bindings and ride it like a twin. From eyeballing it, the sidecut and R.C. is still centered on the board and its just the inserts that are set back, but you could email NS to confirm
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Awesome, thanks man. Definitely appreciate it.

I am also intrigued by the Never Summer Heritage-R, which seems to be slightly more playful than the Premier F1-R, but not as noodley as the SL-R.

Check out this description of the Heritage. This guy has some very entertaining board reviews.

Bored Yak: Board Exam: 09-10 Never Summer Heritage-R
Old 02-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

the F1 is a great board but i never rode it switch. I had such a blast bombing mach 5 that i never thought to ride it switch. It is directional, though, which is why i suggested the SL/TRS.

The SL is flexible but I don't consider it soft. For me, I find it to be an incredibly fun, damp, and stable board thats at home bombing groomers, floating pow, cutting up chop, and boosting big booters.

truly though, now that i think about it, the heritage would be your choice from the NS line. It's still got RC and Vario and is stiffer and more damp than the SL. I'm pretty sure it is also a directional twin so riding switch would be cake too.

One final question, how much do you weigh? I can't give a good opinion on size if i don't know your weight
Cool_As_Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

I wouldn't call the SL "noodley" lol. I know what you were trying to say though
Old 02-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm 5'11" and weigh 183. The reviewer form the link I posted described the Heritage as "freeride with a splash of freestyle," which sounded good to me. So basically, I have it down to in no particular order: the Dark Series C2, the Altered Genetics, and the Heritage. If they are all on even ground in terms of quality and performance, then I'll leave it up to which one I can get the best deal on at the end of the season.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

one thing to consider with the heritage is the NS 3 year warranty. only company that offers one. i've had them repair my revolver twice and every time they hooked me up. badass dudes down there for sure.

as far as size, i'd look for something between a 158-162
Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #19 (permalink)

Billy have you thought about the Gnu Billy goat? No pun intended.
sidewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

Cool As Cakes: As far as size goes, my concern is based in the fact that I keep reading about how reverse camber boards should be bought a size smaller. Therefore, instead of getting a 162 altered genetics, a 161 dark series, and a 162 heritage, I am considering a 159 altered genetics, a 158 dark series, and a 160 heritage. However, if you think I should go for the larger of the two size choices, please let me know.

Sidewall: This is the same reason why I haven't considered the Billy Goat. I am afraid that at the only size available, 162, it may be too long; and, it has a flex of 8, which may make the length an issue. However, if I am wrong, please let me know. I definitely love the idea of riding the Billy Goat not only because it is very similar to the Dark Series, but the does have a great name which fits my riding style.