Lib-Tech Dark Series C2 BTX vs. Gnu Altered Genetics BTX - Page 7 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #61 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
You like it better than the trs? I'm also looking at price I can find the trs for 390$ which is nice.
the dark series is going to be stiffer, more stable and faster while the TRS will be a little more flexy and with a little more all-around sort of feel.

Which one is better really depends on what you are looking for. I would pick the DS based on my riding style but I like stiffer, more aggressive boards for all mountain.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
the dark series is going to be stiffer, more stable and faster while the TRS will be a little more flexy and with a little more all-around sort of feel.

Which one is better really depends on what you are looking for. I would pick the DS based on my riding style but I like stiffer, more aggressive boards for all mountain.
Thanks for the input. I am also now looking at the ns legacy. I like the graphic better and warranty but it doesn't have the mange traction. I'm not sure if it is worth it r not to have that? I live on the east coast and will be boarding mostly in NH and VT. Any input on this board at all?
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #63 (permalink)

MTX realy work on ice. where others slide on the ass, U may stay on board. I heard many good rewiev about ns, but I never see it in my region.
Samara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #64 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I am also now looking at the ns legacy. I like the graphic better and warranty but it doesn't have the mange traction. I'm not sure if it is worth it r not to have that? I live on the east coast and will be boarding mostly in NH and VT. Any input on this board at all?
The TRS and Legacy are very similar. I have heard different things about MTX vs. Vario Grip (NS's edge hold tech). I have never bean on a newer NS so I can't compare to MTX. I people say that MTX has better edge hold, have heard some say vario is just as good, and some people don't like how much edge hold MTX actually gives.

In general, I believe MTX probably holds better on ice than vario grip, but it is all a matter of preference for which is better. You really can't go wrong with either board.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #65 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Really why do you say 157? Just out of curiosity.
I've been riding for 20+ years and I know what size you should ride.
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lstarrasl View Post
I've been riding for 20+ years and I know what size you should ride.
I'm sure you do know a ton. But telling me that you know what you're talking about doesn't teach me a thing. For my weight and height every thing points me to a 159-161. I just wanted to know why you say 157. I'm sure there's a good reason. I just like to understand the actual reasoning. Thanks
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #67 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I ride a 154 skatebanana in the park I ride a 161 Dark series for powder days. I can go just as fast on my 154. If I were to get one board it would be a 157 TRS, and most of the time I wish I would have just bought that board instead of bringing 2 boards on trips. But on deep powder days I want the 161, but who gets deep powder all the time? not me. I wish. My next board will be a 157 TRS...in a couple years

I'm 5'11" 170 I've been riding boards from 148-163 and I'll tell you for what you need..157
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #68 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's all a matter of preference. A 157 will work for you great. A 161 will work for you great. Which is better just depends on what you want your board to feel like / do for you.

I'm 6'4'' 210 and ride a 161.5 TRice for everything, including deep powder, so I do think that a 157 TRS or Legacy would be plenty for you. However, if you want more of a bomber board and you're more concerned with powder float and stability than quick turns and playfulness, then the 161 might be better for you. But if that's what you're looking for, then a Dark Series or Heritage would probably be better boards anyway.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
It's all a matter of preference. A 157 will work for you great. A 161 will work for you great. Which is better just depends on what you want your board to feel like / do for you.

I'm 6'4'' 210 and ride a 161.5 TRice for everything, including deep powder, so I do think that a 157 TRS or Legacy would be plenty for you. However, if you want more of a bomber board and you're more concerned with powder float and stability than quick turns and playfulness, then the 161 might be better for you. But if that's what you're looking for, then a Dark Series or Heritage would probably be better boards anyway.
Thanks, I appreciate the explanation I needed up buying a board today though from a local shop. A GNU carbon credit 159. I was hesitant at first because its a rocker, however it has really good reviews. What do you guys think. And remember I'm kind of a beginner, so I can always upgrade once i get good.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #70 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate the explanation I needed up buying a board today though from a local shop. A GNU carbon credit 159. I was hesitant at first because its a rocker, however it has really good reviews. What do you guys think. And remember I'm kind of a beginner, so I can always upgrade once i get good.
All this and you ended up buying a different board?!

Just joking, the carbon credit is a great beginners board and 159 is a good size. It's not as nice as the TRS, Legacy or Dark Series but it's cheaper, will be a little more forgiving as you learn and is still plenty of board for your skill level (I didn't realize you are kind of a beginner...must have missed that).

You may want a new board it a couple of years, but that's natural even when you buy higher end boards. I bought a board last spring and I'm already drooling over potential new boards. Now you'll just have a legit reason to upgrade when you get the itch for something new