forum substance vs k2 parkstar - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seabert

Default forum substance vs k2 parkstar

Hey everyone,

First off, super website you have here, really learned alot reading about tons of stuff here.

I have a descision to make over two boards wich i might pick up soon for my upcoming trip. The reason I have limited to these is because the shop i want to buy from hasn't got much options left and these boards have always caught my attention. Off course other options are welcome if i dicide to order online instead.

Here are my stats;
I am 6 ft (184 cm) and 145 pounds (65 kg); yes i am a lightweight for my length
Bootsize US 8,5

I am from the Netherlands, wicht is flat, so i go to france to go snowboarding every year for around two weeks. Also i do some indoor. I have got some experience, can ride about anywhere but nothing to fancy yet. Now I want to add some fun to my riding with tricks 'n spins 'n jibs 'n stuff.

So I am looking for a board that's fun to ride and let me take an obstacle if i see one. But I don't want to give in too much on my usual riding. The riding i usually do is going along side the piste in pow if there is any and try to find creative lines. Fast is nice, but gets boring after a while. So i like to make little jumps that hopefully one day will grow to be become killer big airs with crazy grabs and dazzling spins..(may have exaggerated)

I heard/read a rocker board is good for spinning and tricks. And that some also benefit in the powder. Now i would like a board that does both. Therefore my question, are these options suitable and are there noticable diffrences?

I was thingking of getting the parkstar in 155 or the substance in 156.

Any answer would be appreciated, tnx in advance.

Cheers Siebe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seabert

I also got a good offer for a salomon grip or a salomon acid.

Any experiences on those?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Parkstar rocks. I don't know anything about the Forum Substance so I can't say anything good or bad about it but there is a reason the parkstar won top ten boards for 2010 and the transworld good wood award for boards over $400. A 152 or 155 would be good for you. I ride a 157 with 2010 Flow NXT AT-SE's duck'd at +15 -15 and I ride everything. Awesome all around board.
jputtho2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seabert

tnx for the reply jp,
Youre right about the good wood award. And I do like the fact it is good for all round, since i wont use it for park only, but want to take it all over the mountain.
I would get the 155 since i think it will help me float a bit better in powder. Have you taken it in powder and does float nice cuz of the rocker?
cheer s