Newb, new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
B2bss

Default Newb, new board

Hi,
So I’ve been skiing about 4 years now but I’ve decided to learn snowboarding since it seems very fun. I will be spending about 4 days in northern Vermont at the end of February and although I have never been on a board I’ve decided to purchase the equipment instead of renting…
I am 5’9 165lbs and I have purchased Forum Destroyer 2009 boots together with Rossignol Cobra 2009 bindings.
The only thing I am missing is the actual board.
I am very aggressive when it comes to sports and that is why I always hurt myself, so I would like to buy a board that is forgiving so that I can gradually progress.
I do not want to spend much since I only really want to learn on this new board and after I become intermediate in 2 or 3 seasons buy something I really like. (I will probably snowboard 10-15 days per season).

I am thinking about the Salomon Tracker 2009 155cm that I found for $130 or the Elan Neon 156cm that I found for $99 (they seem to use Elan more in Europe for some reason….)
I know these boards might not be very good, but I just want to learn on something inexpensive for a year or two and then choose something else once I have more knowledge…
I would appreciate any advice on which of the 2 is more appropriate for my situation or if I should look into another board besides those 2….

Thanks for any input…