Buying a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
miranda

Default Buying a new board

Hi guys, i have a burton verdict and i'm planning to buy a better board since i'm snowboarding much better now (i can go really fast, do turns, jump, use boxes), but i'm not looking for a just park board cause i'm going to have just one board. Do you have any suggestions of boards that costs less then 400?

Thanks

Last edited by miranda; 02-12-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
weipim

hey man, I have the verdict as well and am looking for a new board, I was thinking of a freeride one, but now decided to go with a more flexible one.

I am looking into maybe a lib banana skate, gnu credit or a k2 www, something with camber.

hope that will be helpful, and let me know what u got
Old 02-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
miranda

Sure it was helpful, i will do some more research and when i buy it i let you know! Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
VAhasnoWAVES

Quote:
Originally Posted by weipim View Post
hey man, I have the verdict as well and am looking for a new board, I was thinking of a freeride one, but now decided to go with a more flexible one.

I am looking into maybe a lib banana skate, gnu credit or a k2 www, something with camber.

hope that will be helpful, and let me know what u got
ummm... skate banana has rocker, not camber.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

GNU credit is also a reverse.
uberR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

The Burton Hero is on sale now and I have heard nothing but great things about it. It is geared towards the freestyle rider but have heard it is a great all mountain board.
SchultzLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
miranda

hmm I will have a look at this Hero then ! Can someone explain me the difference between camber and rocker?
Old 02-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sure. Camber is the traditional snowboard set up. Where the middle of the board between your feet has somewhat of an arch to it, which ultimately helps create more pop in the board. The tips still flare up on the ends.

With rocker or "reverse camber", the part between your legs is flat, no arching, and the tips of the board are shaped up in a more extreme fashion. This allows for a different kind of contact between the snow and the rider, useful to preform easier butters (spinning on the ground), better control in most conditions other than powder at normal speeds, and in many rocker boards it provides more control when hitting smaller jumps and doing presses.

However, downfalls are is that it is a completely different riding experience, doesnt ride as well in powder or at higher speeds, and the boards tend to not be very firm at all.

Just depends what you are looking for. Hope this helps! I ride traditional camber just for reference.
uberR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well....nowadays its not so clear because there are many different types of rocker. The best thing to do is go on each individual company's site and check out which rocker tech they are using. Here is the info on the Hero. For info on the rocker click on the word "V-Rocker" down in the tech area.

Men's Hero Limited Snowboard | Burton Snowboards

Here is the description for the V-Rocker:

A three-stage rocker thatís equally fun from park to pow, V-Rockerô features a center rocker between your feet, with additional rockers outside each foot that lift the tip and tail completely off the snow. Along the Channel zones, we added Pressure Distribution Edges for enhanced grip and power that balances the boardís loose and forgiving, skate-like feel. Together, the V-Rocker package energizes edge control while disengaging tip and tail contact points to create a catch-free feel thatís incredibly forgiving, floaty, poppy, and fun on all terrain.
SchultzLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
VAhasnoWAVES

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda View Post
hmm I will have a look at this Hero then ! Can someone explain me the difference between camber and rocker?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Wg3Xtboc8