stolen board. depressed. what to do? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technine Icon View Post
Some places have a ski and board watch for like $2 the whole day. Defenitly worth it
Corrected.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifex View Post
Corrected.
Yea, now that I think about you are right.
Technine Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Well at least if you do have to buy a new set up they're all dirt cheap right now on end of season sales. Got to look on the bright side.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That really sucks. I'm selling a Nitro Sub Pop/K2 Autos right now but the board is too small for you (148). If I can't sell it I can sell you just the bindings (size large 9-12) if you're intersted.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
So...

I filed a police report. A trooper called me and took down all my information (and the boards). He's going to "investigate" and interview a few local shops. Don't know what that will do.

I'm going to get in touch with American Express (I used their card to buy the board) and I'll let you guys know what comes up. If they can reimburse for stolen property.... big smile.

If that doesn't work I'll most likely file a homeowners insurance claim (with the help of my parents). The Rome retailed for $500 so it should be worth it (I hope). I'll keep you posted. This situation sucks. I know its just a board but shit...gear is expensive nowadays.
My advice to you is to give the msrp of the board and bindings and let the insurance company decide after that.

A guide that should direct you before you make a claim is whether the setup stolen was valued over your deductible for your home owners. Keep in mind that this is most likely the depreciated value depending on what endorsements (if any) you have in your policy.

Sometimes it worth it to make a claim and sometimes you just have to absorb the loss and move on.
phidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:03 AM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
MDC- how did the homeowners insurance work out? What should I do? Note that I am still kinda living off my parents at the moment (I'm graduating in May).

Slinky, I would def. get a lock. It was stolen during lunch (I was inside for maybe 20 mins at the base lodge. The board was right outside on the main racks, by the "tunnel" thing leading to the parking lot, if you know what I'm talking about.)
i know exactly where your talking, i always bring my board up stairs and put it in the racks right by the windows. I figure there even if i cant see it, a theif may be thinking that i am watching it because its by the windows...i did go pick up a board lock last night though and its allready in my snowboard jacket!
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #27 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

American Express is a great company and it is my favorite credit card. I'm sure they will help you out. They friggen automatically insure any car I rent when I travel so I don't see why they wouldn't insure your snowboard purchase.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I always carry mine up where will will be sitting also. I wish they had board checks here in AZ no such luck. I hope you get it resolved quickly
bbissell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
lylescript

Dude, I totally feel your pain! I actually ride the Agent myself and it really is a family member to me too. You should sign up for free at Karma Army - We ARE the Front Lines and register your gear.

It's a site that connects like-minded peeps who want to register, protect and even recover their gear. You can upload photos, write a description, include serial numbers, police report numbers, etc. If your stuff is stolen, an alert is sent out to every Karma Army member in your region - further increasing the chances of recovery. They also work with local law enforcement agencies and are on to some other really cool stuff in the fight against theft as well. Hope it helps and best of luck!! Check out these links for them:

Watch -- CTnow
Karma Army - We ARE the Front Lines
Old 02-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You're not Senan Gorman are you?

Cool site. Interesting sticker tech too. Hmm $30 bucks and 10 bucks a year though. I might just get a bike lock instead.
Magnum626 is offline   Reply With Quote