stolen board. depressed. what to do? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default stolen board. depressed. what to do?

My board was stolen. A brand new 2009 Rome Agent 158. I'm fairly sure this was around my twelfth day riding this year. I was riding at Whiteface in upstate New York. For any of you who have had their boards stolen, I'm sure you can sympathize with me. Why would someone do this? Most likely profit. I highly doubt that the culprits would choose to risk riding at the same resort they stole it from. I waited around for an hour at the base glancing at other snowboards, hoping to spot mine amongst them.

It really is strange. I feel like someone's died in my family. Your board really does become a part of you. You learn to anticipate its workings as it meshes with your style. I am sad.

Sorry, that was my vent.

In other news...I am now on the market again for a new board. I hope my monologue can hopefully influence some of you to help a brotha out (a broke college brotha that is). I ain't lookin for a handout, but if any of you come across any kind of snowboard deal involving a board similar to a Rome Agent (primarily park board, between 155-158). Or, if anyone's hoping to part ways with a slightly used board, please send me a PM.

I love to snowboard, need it. Alas...it is an expensive addiction and this crime has depressed me, psychologically and financially.

I'm gonna put in "Neverland" now, wrap myself in a blanket, sip on some red wine and slowly get drunk watching glorious Ettal powder-shots and Travis Rice double corks. Thanks for listening.
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
My board was stolen. A brand new 2009 Rome Agent 158. I'm fairly sure this was around my twelfth day riding this year. I was riding at Whiteface in upstate New York. For any of you who have had their boards stolen, I'm sure you can sympathize with me. Why would someone do this? Most likely profit. I highly doubt that the culprits would choose to risk riding at the same resort they stole it from. I waited around for an hour at the base glancing at other snowboards, hoping to spot mine amongst them.

It really is strange. I feel like someone's died in my family. Your board really does become a part of you. You learn to anticipate its workings as it meshes with your style. I am sad.

Sorry, that was my vent.

In other news...I am now on the market again for a new board. I hope my monologue can hopefully influence some of you to help a brotha out (a broke college brotha that is). I ain't lookin for a handout, but if any of you come across any kind of snowboard deal involving a board similar to a Rome Agent (primarily park board, between 155-158). Or, if anyone's hoping to part ways with a slightly used board, please send me a PM.

I love to snowboard, need it. Alas...it is an expensive addiction and this crime has depressed me, psychologically and financially.

I'm gonna put in "Neverland" now, wrap myself in a blanket, sip on some red wine and slowly get drunk watching glorious Ettal powder-shots and Travis Rice double corks. Thanks for listening.
that totally sucks man! I ride whiteface quite a bit...where did you have your board? I'm always worried mines going to get lifted, i need to invest in a lock before i go next time! I think thats on my agenda for my trip to plattsburgh tonight.

post up pics and i'll keep an eye out for it.
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
mdc

I had a board stolen at Whiteface last year. File a police report if you didn't already. My homeowners/renters insurance covered it and I had the money direct deposited in my account 3 days later.
mdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
weipim

dude this sukcs mann, but look it this way , no better excuse for getting a new board and bindings hahaha
Old 02-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Know how you feel... Had my ride stolen last weekend at Jay Peak. It takes a real scum bag. Last night I dreamt that someone stole my car. The night before, my bike.
The good dreams you catch them!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

look on craigslist and any other local for sale types websites .. you are right they probably grabbed it for fast cash.. file a police report and if you have the boards serial number cruise the local pawn shops .. never know

oh and p.s. if you do see someones with it in the future dont go apeshit they may be an innocent party ... maybe start some casual conversations like "o man ive been hearing those are so great where did you get yours?" etc etc to feel it out
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

MDC- how did the homeowners insurance work out? What should I do? Note that I am still kinda living off my parents at the moment (I'm graduating in May).

Slinky, I would def. get a lock. It was stolen during lunch (I was inside for maybe 20 mins at the base lodge. The board was right outside on the main racks, by the "tunnel" thing leading to the parking lot, if you know what I'm talking about.)
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifex View Post
Know how you feel... Had my ride stolen last weekend at Jay Peak. It takes a real scum bag. Last night I dreamt that someone stole my car. The night before, my bike.
The good dreams you catch them!
Jay Peak??? Yeah everytime I go up there I'm nervous about getting mine jacked because there are thousands of boards and as soon as you walk in the lodge there's no way to see them. It could easily be done there. Scum bag is right.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

don't let it out of your sight, and that won't happen
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

I hate how some lodges/resorts DON'T let you take the board inside! If they can't provide safety for the boards.. why can't they let you inside? When I go boarding this break, my board is going to be GLUED to me 24/7.

Sorry for the loss.
Texas Exclusive is offline   Reply With Quote