Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
- Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
- - Slight Impact Damage (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/24863-slight-impact-damage.html)
Slight Impact Damage
A skiier ran into me today. (Stopping/checking uphill, EMPTY --> 4 carves in --> bam!). Quickly checked my board, no damage, upon returning home, was feeling my edges for damage/burrs.
There is a slight bend on the tail contact point on my board, maybe a slight slight or not at all separation between the metal edge and the layers on top.
btw he like broke his shoulder. People have to stop straight-lining hills with no control whatsoever with a lack of sight (he said he looked up and just saw me) GRRR!
At least it isnt you with a broken shoulder! Sucks your board got dinged
yeah you have a point!
I just seriously cannot believe it happened.
1. the run is relatively short
2. I heel side chattered and fell halfway down the run
3. I look up, from the top you can see all the way down to the lift line and vice versa
4. I saw no one when I started again
5. Therefore I am highly visible on the hill and any person would see me doing wide carves across half the slope repeatedly
6. how did he hit me? and how did he catch up to me in around 4 carves?
I'm pretty damn sure he straight lined it all the way down from the top. He even told me he didn't see me until he looked up, I swear he was doing that alpine racer stance thingy with ur head down, haha.
I'm beginning to think snowboarding on a friday is like driving with drunk tards everywhere. Btw this guy was older, in his 30's 40's, not the HS'er (surprised?)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.