banana vs fix vs hero - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 258
Default banana vs fix vs hero

alrite guys. another "help me pick a board thread"
so, im lookin for a sick park board that can handle boxes, rails, mid sized kickers, jibs, and powder, id also like to be able to cruise down the mountain with friends.
so far ive heard all three of these boards can handle it, but i need help choosing a winner.
im 5'6ish. 135 pounds. im thinkin about a 148-150 would be a good size and im pretty sure these 3 boards come in these sizes.

advice? input? thanks
myschims is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 215
Default

I'm partial to the Fix, good park board and it comes in a 149 for you.

Hero is too soft for my liking and I don't have any experience with the skate banana.
SchultzLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jtchompy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 197
Default

if your partial to burton or libtech, i'd say get the burton joystick 150
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchompy View Post
if your partial to burton or libtech, i'd say get the burton joystick 150
joystick over fix and hero? whys that?
myschims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jtchompy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 197
Default

well it just seems like your kinda looking for a do it all board. you wanna do boxes and rails but some big jumps at the same time, so its good to have a stiffer board that has a rocker for that kinda stuff. im not really a burton fan, so this is all from stuff i've heard on the forum, and this review. it sounded to me like what you wanted check it out. i'd say beteween the two i'd take the hero over the fix, the fix is just a little too soft for what your asking unless its mainly boxes and rails
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Burton Joystick with Exiles a closer look
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Burton Hero with Triad EST my view

other boards that you could also look at are the Never summer evo-r or the capita sierrascope or indoorsurvival.
i highly reccomend capita, and this forum is pretty hyped on never summer so they are other options if you interested in other brands
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchompy View Post
well it just seems like your kinda looking for a do it all board. you wanna do boxes and rails but some big jumps at the same time, so its good to have a stiffer board that has a rocker for that kinda stuff. im not really a burton fan, so this is all from stuff i've heard on the forum, and this review. it sounded to me like what you wanted check it out. i'd say beteween the two i'd take the hero over the fix, the fix is just a little too soft for what your asking unless its mainly boxes and rails
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Burton Joystick with Exiles a closer look
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Burton Hero with Triad EST my view

other boards that you could also look at are the Never summer evo-r or the capita sierrascope or indoorsurvival.
i highly reccomend capita, and this forum is pretty hyped on never summer so they are other options if you interested in other brands
i was talking to a guy at a board shop today, and he seemed way hyped on the hero and thats the only reason i was looking at it, i also saw the sierra scope for hella cheap on sierra but i just didnt know enough about it to buy it. i also like the who est binding system, it just seems like a really cool concept. but im open to anything, i dont want to bust out hella cash, so any recommendations are cool
myschims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jtchompy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 197
Default

my local shop guy is hyped on burton too, i got nothing against their boards or outwear, but their bindings are jack if you unless you pay good money, i think you'd be really happy with the sierrascope and some union forces. its pretty much the perfect board for all around stuff. if you can get a good deal at your local store on a hero or joystick, they are pretty similar, but they are limited to what bindings you can buy and est doesn't really do enough to justify that.
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchompy View Post
my local shop guy is hyped on burton too, i got nothing against their boards or outwear, but their bindings are jack if you unless you pay good money, i think you'd be really happy with the sierrascope and some union forces. its pretty much the perfect board for all around stuff. if you can get a good deal at your local store on a hero or joystick, they are pretty similar, but they are limited to what bindings you can buy and est doesn't really do enough to justify that.
funny, im looking at the sierrascope right now haha
you think that'd be a good board? looks really sick except for the fact that the smallest is 152... but i guess ill grow into it by next year lol.
myschims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jtchompy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 197
Default

yah its a sick board, kinda disappointing cause i bought my horrorscope prior to hearing about it, i definitely would have gotten it. lots of people on this forum that do own it have reccomended it and its the number 1 rated board at sierra's website last time i checked. if you are still growing i would get it. having it a little bigger will help with the jumps, but i don't think it will effect you much on rails cause capita's boards are so light.
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchompy View Post
yah its a sick board, kinda disappointing cause i bought my horrorscope prior to hearing about it, i definitely would have gotten it. lots of people on this forum that do own it have reccomended it and its the number 1 rated board at sierra's website last time i checked. if you are still growing i would get it. having it a little bigger will help with the jumps, but i don't think it will effect you much on rails cause capita's boards are so light.
i gota scrape together sum cash haha
isnt the horrorscope flexier than the sierrascope thu? thats the only difference ive heard. and yea, im almost 15 so im still growing
myschims is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums