Weird behavior with my Bataleon Goliath. - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
What are the measurements for each of your bindings to the center inserts in each of the insert clusters? This should include any on disk adjustments that are in play. This board has a stock setback of 1 cm.
Hole to hole on the baseplate is 5cm change
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Polonia View Post
if setting ur stance, and ur binding angles wont fix the problem, lay your board down vertically on its edges and with a marker mark the contact points.
From that reference mark, slightly detune your edges about 1/2-1 inch INTO the effective edge on both the tip and tail.
Yeah I already marked the effective edges, that's the odd part... I set my bindings up according to them.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Polonia View Post
please fill me in on what da hell a triple base board is...never heard of such a thing. Is this something that only bataleon makes?
It's pretty sweet tech
Old 02-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
Hole to hole on the baseplate is 5cm change
I asked my question poorly. In relation to the center inserts in each insert cluster, how far setback are you. For example: centerred on the front cluster, 1 cm back on the back cluster.

With triple base boards where there is offset, the area of lift is not equal on the nose and the tail. Traditional effective edge measurements based on the "contact points" don't apply.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Make sure to check your forward lean. I had a similar problem with my heel edge catching because my back binding had more lean than the front. So when I leaned into a corner, the back part of the edge got pressed down before the front.

It sounds like you might have the opposite problem. If you have less forward lean on the back than on the front, when you transition from heel side to toe side the back part of the edge will get let down first, rather than initiating the turn with the front foot.

Just a thought...it could be an easy fix
BoardTheSnow73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

i saw a youtube clip (i think) with some guys reviewing some bataleon boards and one or two guys mentioned this "hanging on to a carve" feeling.

recently i bought a B'leon Jam and i only have a few runs on it so far but, i did feel this phenomena a lil bit. Not enough to bother me.

(F^kcing love the board though, might be a big believer in TBT.. but i gotta get out there s'more to be sure)
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I still think you should change your angle.... I know it's weird, but I had the exact issue your mentioning and changing my angle fixed it.

Basically my body wasn't liking the angle so my leg was wanting to twist toe side therefore catching an edge
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
i saw a youtube clip (i think) with some guys reviewing some bataleon boards and one or two guys mentioned this "hanging on to a carve" feeling.

recently i bought a B'leon Jam and i only have a few runs on it so far but, i did feel this phenomena a lil bit. Not enough to bother me.

(F^kcing love the board though, might be a big believer in TBT.. but i gotta get out there s'more to be sure)
I never bothered me till I messed with my original configuration. I'm going to have to try and move it back.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
I asked my question poorly. In relation to the center inserts in each insert cluster, how far setback are you. For example: centerred on the front cluster, 1 cm back on the back cluster.

With triple base boards where there is offset, the area of lift is not equal on the nose and the tail. Traditional effective edge measurements based on the "contact points" don't apply.
Hmm, interesting. I'm going to post pics tomorrow. Without taking my bindings off I want to say the back binding is on the inner most inserts, with the base plate being moved in even further than that. And the front binding is also on the inner most insert, but centered over it. I think this is my problem, but what sucks is I'm going to have to go with a wider stance width than I want to just to be able to ride the board properly, whereas on my EVO-R (which is a twin), I set it exactly at the stance with I wanted and it performs like a champ...and the board is 2cm longer!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
I still think you should change your angle.... I know it's weird, but I had the exact issue your mentioning and changing my angle fixed it.

Basically my body wasn't liking the angle so my leg was wanting to twist toe side therefore catching an edge
I'll tweak that and the forward lean as boardthesnow73 suggested too. I want to have a whole day out in front of me so I don't feel rushed. Last time I want I only have 4.5 hours with slow lifts and my EVO-R worked. So I went with that in lieu of messing with the Goliath.