Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Weird behavior with my Bataleon Goliath. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/24918-weird-behavior-my-bataleon-goliath.html)

phile00 02-13-2010 10:48 PM

Weird behavior with my Bataleon Goliath.

149cm 2009 Bataleon Goliath

I'm pretty sure it's just they way my bindings are configured, but I'm going to post this anyhow.

I have used my Flow NXT-ATs and Flux Feedbacks on it, and the tail of the board on gets catchy. It was fine when I used my K2 Autos on it, which was pretty much centered on the innermost inserts. I'm usually the last person to have setup problems because I take a lot of time to set up my rig perfectly.

Anyhow, the Goliath is not a twin, so it has a slight setback. I've found that my optimal stance width is about 19.5" I took a ruler and lined off where the effective edge stops at my nose and tail. To get my 19.5" stance width, I had to move the back baseplate more toward the nose of the board. I measured from the center of both baseplates to the effective edge at the nose and tail, and there's more board out in front of me (1.5 cm), like there should be with a directional board.

Initiating turns was weird, and the toe edge toward the tail was getting catchy... like it hung up on the snow randomly. If I just center the baseplates on the inserts, then the stance width is a little too long, but I guess I'll have to try that just to see if that's the problem. It doesn't make much sense to me.

I didn't have time to fix my setup, so I only had 2 runs to try out the Flux Feedbacks, which were super comfy. After that I pulled out my Never Summer EVO-R with Flow NXT-ATs, which performs flawlessly.

crazyface 02-14-2010 12:07 AM

oyu shouldnt have any problems with it grabbing because TBT is designed to do just that.
the effective edge is defferent on a bord with TBT. u might have it so that the back binding is further away from the raised back edges than the front binding is from the raised front.

Milo303 02-14-2010 12:36 AM

I've had a similar issue to this before...

My fix was taking my back binding from a -15 to a -12

What's your angles?

phile00 02-14-2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milo303 (Post 254978)
I've had a similar issue to this before...

My fix was taking my back binding from a -15 to a -12

What's your angles?

My angles are 15/-15..

Maybe I'll try moving the back binding to -12.

phile00 02-14-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyface (Post 254963)
oyu shouldnt have any problems with it grabbing because TBT is designed to do just that.
the effective edge is defferent on a bord with TBT. u might have it so that the back binding is further away from the raised back edges than the front binding is from the raised front.

I didn't have this problem when I had my autos on it, with the default stance. I haven't had any problems with it till I tried to reduce my stance width. It felt so odd and so wrong after I strapped in. You might be right about the binding position in reference to the bevel. If I go back to the first stance I used, and it behaves better, then I found a major downfall for this board.

Wiredsport 02-14-2010 10:26 AM

What are the measurements for each of your bindings to the center inserts in each of the insert clusters? This should include any on disk adjustments that are in play. This board has a stock setback of 1 cm.

Mr. Polonia 02-14-2010 01:01 PM

if setting ur stance, and ur binding angles wont fix the problem, lay your board down vertically on its edges and with a marker mark the contact points.
From that reference mark, slightly detune your edges about 1/2-1 inch INTO the effective edge on both the tip and tail.

Wiredsport 02-14-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Polonia (Post 255120)
if setting ur stance, and ur binding angles wont fix the problem, lay your board down vertically on its edges and with a marker mark the contact points.
From that reference mark, slightly detune your edges about 1/2-1 inch INTO the effective edge on both the tip and tail.

That is not likely the answer with a triple base board. The edges at the contact points have over 5 mm of lift. If they are snagging this is likely to be a setback issue or a sizing problem. Some photos of the setup would be really helpful since there are a lot of possible culprits.

Mr. Polonia 02-14-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiredsport (Post 255158)
That is not likely the answer with a triple base board. The edges at the contact points have over 5 mm of lift. If they are snagging this is likely to be a setback issue or a sizing problem. Some photos of the setup would be really helpful since there are a lot of possible culprits.

please fill me in on what da hell a triple base board is...never heard of such a thing. Is this something that only bataleon makes?

john doe 02-14-2010 07:21 PM

TRIPLE BASE TECHNOLOGY | BATALEON SNOWBOARDS | Triple Base Tech, the best thing to happen to snowboards since edges.
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Battle of the Base Technologies: TBT vs BST