||02-13-2010 10:48 PM
Weird behavior with my Bataleon Goliath.
149cm 2009 Bataleon Goliath
I'm pretty sure it's just they way my bindings are configured, but I'm going to post this anyhow.
I have used my Flow NXT-ATs and Flux Feedbacks on it, and the tail of the board on gets catchy. It was fine when I used my K2 Autos on it, which was pretty much centered on the innermost inserts. I'm usually the last person to have setup problems because I take a lot of time to set up my rig perfectly.
Anyhow, the Goliath is not a twin, so it has a slight setback. I've found that my optimal stance width is about 19.5" I took a ruler and lined off where the effective edge stops at my nose and tail. To get my 19.5" stance width, I had to move the back baseplate more toward the nose of the board. I measured from the center of both baseplates to the effective edge at the nose and tail, and there's more board out in front of me (1.5 cm), like there should be with a directional board.
Initiating turns was weird, and the toe edge toward the tail was getting catchy... like it hung up on the snow randomly. If I just center the baseplates on the inserts, then the stance width is a little too long, but I guess I'll have to try that just to see if that's the problem. It doesn't make much sense to me.
I didn't have time to fix my setup, so I only had 2 runs to try out the Flux Feedbacks, which were super comfy. After that I pulled out my Never Summer EVO-R with Flow NXT-ATs, which performs flawlessly.