Weird behavior with my Bataleon Goliath. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Weird behavior with my Bataleon Goliath.

149cm 2009 Bataleon Goliath

I'm pretty sure it's just they way my bindings are configured, but I'm going to post this anyhow.

I have used my Flow NXT-ATs and Flux Feedbacks on it, and the tail of the board on gets catchy. It was fine when I used my K2 Autos on it, which was pretty much centered on the innermost inserts. I'm usually the last person to have setup problems because I take a lot of time to set up my rig perfectly.

Anyhow, the Goliath is not a twin, so it has a slight setback. I've found that my optimal stance width is about 19.5" I took a ruler and lined off where the effective edge stops at my nose and tail. To get my 19.5" stance width, I had to move the back baseplate more toward the nose of the board. I measured from the center of both baseplates to the effective edge at the nose and tail, and there's more board out in front of me (1.5 cm), like there should be with a directional board.

Initiating turns was weird, and the toe edge toward the tail was getting catchy... like it hung up on the snow randomly. If I just center the baseplates on the inserts, then the stance width is a little too long, but I guess I'll have to try that just to see if that's the problem. It doesn't make much sense to me.

I didn't have time to fix my setup, so I only had 2 runs to try out the Flux Feedbacks, which were super comfy. After that I pulled out my Never Summer EVO-R with Flow NXT-ATs, which performs flawlessly.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

oyu shouldnt have any problems with it grabbing because TBT is designed to do just that.
the effective edge is defferent on a bord with TBT. u might have it so that the back binding is further away from the raised back edges than the front binding is from the raised front.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've had a similar issue to this before...

My fix was taking my back binding from a -15 to a -12

What's your angles?
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
I've had a similar issue to this before...

My fix was taking my back binding from a -15 to a -12

What's your angles?
My angles are 15/-15..

Maybe I'll try moving the back binding to -12.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyface View Post
oyu shouldnt have any problems with it grabbing because TBT is designed to do just that.
the effective edge is defferent on a bord with TBT. u might have it so that the back binding is further away from the raised back edges than the front binding is from the raised front.
I didn't have this problem when I had my autos on it, with the default stance. I haven't had any problems with it till I tried to reduce my stance width. It felt so odd and so wrong after I strapped in. You might be right about the binding position in reference to the bevel. If I go back to the first stance I used, and it behaves better, then I found a major downfall for this board.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What are the measurements for each of your bindings to the center inserts in each of the insert clusters? This should include any on disk adjustments that are in play. This board has a stock setback of 1 cm.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if setting ur stance, and ur binding angles wont fix the problem, lay your board down vertically on its edges and with a marker mark the contact points.
From that reference mark, slightly detune your edges about 1/2-1 inch INTO the effective edge on both the tip and tail.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Polonia View Post
if setting ur stance, and ur binding angles wont fix the problem, lay your board down vertically on its edges and with a marker mark the contact points.
From that reference mark, slightly detune your edges about 1/2-1 inch INTO the effective edge on both the tip and tail.
That is not likely the answer with a triple base board. The edges at the contact points have over 5 mm of lift. If they are snagging this is likely to be a setback issue or a sizing problem. Some photos of the setup would be really helpful since there are a lot of possible culprits.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
That is not likely the answer with a triple base board. The edges at the contact points have over 5 mm of lift. If they are snagging this is likely to be a setback issue or a sizing problem. Some photos of the setup would be really helpful since there are a lot of possible culprits.
please fill me in on what da hell a triple base board is...never heard of such a thing. Is this something that only bataleon makes?