Louie Vito's new snowboard sponsor - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #41 (permalink)

Yea I hate when athletes say the sports needs to be less "corporate". If snowboarding didn't have any corporate things at all no one would of heard of snowboarding and we STILL would be banned from the resorts. If it wasn't corporate we wouldn't have all the competitions or snowboard videos that come out. We're a capitalist economy!
ComicStix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #42 (permalink)
Veteran Member

have any of yall ever heard of nascar?
c_mack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #43 (permalink)
Veteran Member

even with all the BS, I easily saw just about every brand of boards at the olympics...although I was surprised to see bataleon and yonnex
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #44 (permalink)
Boardfun420

Default Wild

was just looking at omatic website, Thats wild they do take them off the sites like that, says it will be back march 8th. But you can see lou in the pic at the top of the website. Wonder why they do that. Boards look sick though
Old 02-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBQ View Post
Anyone see the NeverSummer board? I think it was the guy from Holland riding it.
The 2011 Evo with the Hot Pink/Yellow base. He was from France. Sweet looking board. Serious glow off the snow!
crispynz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
a lot of these guys wouldnt be riding like they do if they didnt have those company's supplying them boards and other gear
I have to disagree...snowboarding is not a cheap sport. I'm sure when these guys first got into snowboarding, they (or their parents) paid for their gear out of their own pockets. They got really good, THEN the companies started taking notice and said "Hey, this guy's really good, we should get him to promote our gear", and only then did they start supplying them with said gear. Of course, the riders go on to collaborate into making better boards, etc., hence improving their skills, but I'm willing to bet that someone like Shaun White would still be winning competitions even if he didn't have a big sponsor (just not making as much $$$)

Imagine long track speed skaters taking their skates off & holding them up to the camera after a race, or better yet, bi-athletes and their rifles, lol!
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren View Post
I have to disagree...snowboarding is not a cheap sport. I'm sure when these guys first got into snowboarding, they (or their parents) paid for their gear out of their own pockets. They got really good, THEN the companies started taking notice and said "Hey, this guy's really good, we should get him to promote our gear", and only then did they start supplying them with said gear. Of course, the riders go on to collaborate into making better boards, etc., hence improving their skills, but I'm willing to bet that someone like Shaun White would still be winning competitions even if he didn't have a big sponsor (just not making as much $$$)

Imagine long track speed skaters taking their skates off & holding them up to the camera after a race, or better yet, bi-athletes and their rifles, lol!
ok, so if Shaun had no big corporation back backing and a private half pipe with a foam pit, he'd be pulling the same tricks he does now?

I believe he has said it himself that he wouldnt have came up with half the stuff he has in his bag of tricks without all the resources he has.
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
ok, so if Shaun had no big corporation back backing and a private half pipe with a foam pit, he'd be pulling the same tricks he does now?

I believe he has said it himself that he wouldnt have came up with half the stuff he has in his bag of tricks without all the resources he has.
I see your point and I stand corrected.

However, I do agree with a PP about the olympics being more about competing for your country & not your sponsor. But the way things are going, corporate logos are probably going to become more prominent in future games.
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote