hey guys. big footed snowboarder here haha - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
popwar

Default hey guys. big footed snowboarder here haha

hey im brand spankin new to the snowboarding game.
ive got a size 13 shoe, where can i find a board big enough? thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wear a size 14..

Pretty much any wide model board will work for you
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Also check into Never Summer for your first board. Your not going to pay pennies for it, but your going to get one of the toughest boards on the market, and a 3 year warranty. That warranty will follow you well into your snowboarding "career" and up until you're wanting something different.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

My buddy also wears a Sz 13 and he recently purchased the 2010 Forum Destroyer Chillydog in 158W, he won't get to ride it till 2/27 but I'll try to get some feedback from him then atho I dun think he'll know what to expect since he's a beginner...
JohnnyMcDildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
JerseyTA

Got a size 12 boot and have a Never Summer Legacy-R board and have no toe/heel drag
Old 02-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popwar View Post
hey im brand spankin new to the snowboarding game.
ive got a size 13 shoe, where can i find a board big enough? thanks!
As already mentioned, NeverSummer makes a couple of wide specific models.
Ride makes the Yukon which is a wide version of the Concept TMS. It's supposed to be a pretty solid all mountain board from a member on the forum I've talked to.
K2 has the Brigade, Format, Podium, Turbo Dream, Slayblade in wide formats for your All Mountain needs... (ordered from cheapest to most expensive)
K2 also has the Anagram, WWW (discontinued next year?), WWW rocker, Darkstar, and Parkstar in wide for your park needs.

No personal endorsement for K2, but in terms of having a large selection of wide boards they certainly fit the bill.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ya once we figure out what style of riding he's preferring, we can dial in a board more specifically.

Being a noob though I would rather see him on something softer, yet super durable to put up with his abuse.

So really the Revolver fits the bill imo... It's gonna be a little stiff then he wants off the bat, but with the R/C it'll make things a bit easier to learn on.

Almost want to recommend a Horrorscope or Sierrascope in wide to him....
Old 02-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Damn. You guys and the NS...

Knowing what I know now about riding, how much your style changes as you develop from a beginning to an advanced rider, I would never recommend a $500 board as an entry level board. Guess I'm old school like that, but really? $500 for something that you could completely outgrow, experience-wise, in a full season?? I'd have been pissed if I went out and bought a board that didn't compliment me, but I felt compelled to get because a bunch of fanboys couldn't stop talking about it on the forums.

The fact is, I love my NS because I DID have to ride on boards that taught me about my style. I love it because I know what it feels like to have had a board that noodled out on me after a season of riding. And because I know what toe drag actually is and why it sucks. I love it because NOW, after riding for almost 20 years, my board is the perfect extension of everything about me. Everything I want in a board and nothing else. Can the OP find that same board? Sure. But as a beginner, I have serious doubts. /rant

OP, go with something that you know will fit your boats and that probably doesn't cost a fortune. I'm a size 13 too, and wide boards these days ride a lot slimmer than they used to, so no worries there. Get something that will be fun and forgiving (a softer wide/mid-wide), and don't be afraid to try your friends smaller boards, or even (dare I say) rent until you figure it all out. The experience will be priceless in helping you determine what you want and what you should be riding.
Um...? is offline   Reply With Quote