snowboard weight rating question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default snowboard weight rating question

hi there, so i want to get the burton fix snowboard. on burton's site it says pick one that's 1-2cm shorter than what you normally ride. now i ride a 155cm burton blunt. i can choose a fix that's 152 or 155. i wanna get the 152 cuz it's shorter so i think tricks will be a little easier. but the weight rating for the 152 maxes out at 165 lbs. with all my gear my weight is about 180lbs. i'm 6 ft tall. will i run into problems if i get the 152? or am i stuck with 155? thanks.
jegnorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i wouldnt worry. if you think 155 is longer than u wantt for freestyle go fr the 152
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yea, for freestyle that won't be too much of a problem. It won't work well at all for all mountain though. I know this first hand because I weigh 180lbs and I took a 153 out on a all-mountain run at a test fest. Needless to say, I couldn't get down a steep on it worth shit. My ass did all the work on that run lol.

Just keep in mind, the suggested weight ranges are mainly for flex. If you are over the weight range, it will be softer than the intended flex.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I couldn't get down a steep on it worth shit. My ass did all the work on that run lol..
why is this? were you too heavy for the board so it won't hold its edge? btw is that your dog in your avatar? so cute!!! is it siberian husky?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yea, that's my Sibe Husky pup. He's 6 months old now. His name is Halo (no relation to the game).

As for your question about the board I tested. It was a park board so it was already soft. The fact that I was about 20lbs too heavy for the board made it that much softer. The board was a complete noodle for me and didn't hold an edge worth shit.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Yea, that's my Sibe Husky pup. He's 6 months old now. His name is Halo (no relation to the game).

As for your question about the board I tested. It was a park board so it was already soft. The fact that I was about 20lbs too heavy for the board made it that much softer. The board was a complete noodle for me and didn't hold an edge worth shit.
thnx for the info. were you going down a double or triple black diamond? i like to carve a bit too sometimes but i really wanna get my fs / bs 540 down pat.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegnorge View Post
thnx for the info. were you going down a double or triple black diamond? i like to carve a bit too sometimes but i really wanna get my fs / bs 540 down pat.
Yea, it was a double black.

You really have to separate park boards from all-mountain boards. They are just too different from each other. If you are a pipe rider, then you can get a board good for the pipe and all-mountain like a Custom-X.