Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Women's board recommendation (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/25031-womens-board-recommendation.html)

Ruckin69 02-15-2010 04:25 PM

Women's board recommendation

My wife is looking to get a new board. She has an old Ride Havoc 159 that's just too big and stiff. She's 5'8", 145 lbs., size 8 boot, and looking for a good freeride board. She's pretty good but doesn't ever go into the terrain park. We're in NJ so it's a lot of east coast conditions with 1 or 2 trips a year out west. Any suggestions? Someone suggested the Never Summer Lotus but we're getting mixed opinions on size for her.

gjsnowboarder 02-15-2010 04:37 PM

Take a look at the K2 Fling. My wife has loved hers since she got it and she's definitely not a park rat. She likes riding all mountain and carving. They have it on sale right now through REI for 200.00. The 153 would probably be just right for your significant other. ( my wife has the 149 and is 5'6" and 120lbs)

K2 Fling Snowboard - Women's - '08/'09 at REI.com

Ruckin69 02-15-2010 05:23 PM

Board

Is that gonna be good for the East Coast ice? Unfortunately, we don't get the great Colorado conditions all the time. Thanks for the input though!!!!!!!!!

gjsnowboarder 02-15-2010 05:48 PM

riding ice is more about keeping your edges tuned, and having proper form more than about anything else. A stiffer board can be nice for higher speeds due to the stability of a stiffer deck. The Never Summer might fit your needs but it was made for our CO slopes as well. You might want to check out one of the board manufactures that do the Magnatraction if you are worried about holding an edge.

Size wise anything from a 151- 156 would do for your wife.

lilfoot1598 02-15-2010 06:17 PM

The Lotus has Vario Grip technology, which really helps it hold an edge on ice. It would be an excellent choice, especially if your wife is already used to a stiff board. Another solid choice would be the Roxy Envi, which has magnetraction. The Rossignol Diva Mag would be a bit softer, but would also be a good all-mountain board and has magnetraction.

The Rome Blue and Arbor Push are two other freeride boards with strong reputations that would serve your wife well, although I don't believe they have special sidecuts like magetraction or vario grip to help on ice.

Ruckin69 02-15-2010 07:53 PM

I was gonna buy the Travis Rice but went with the Never Summer F1 Premiere and love it. I think she would be great with either one, but that's just me! Thanks for all your input!

Ruckin69 02-15-2010 09:49 PM

Thanks for all of your input. We're down to 2 choices...she's really torn. We're trying to get a board by Friday since we're headed to VT. With expedited shipping, she's looking at the Roxy Envi 153 for $395 or the Never Summer Lotus 151 for $386...both include the shipping price. How do we decide? Any thoughts?

lilfoot1598 02-16-2010 08:02 AM

You can't know for sure without trying them both. Check out Shayboarder's reviews of both boards.

Snowboard Review: 09-10 Roxy Envi BTX – Shayboarder.com
Snowboard Review: 09-10 Never Summer Lotus-R – Shayboarder.com

Milo303 02-16-2010 05:37 PM

I recommend the Infinity in a 51 or 54... The Lotus isn't exactly a soft board and if her current board is to stiff, eh.

Should maybe feel the flex on her current stick then go to a shop and press the Lotus and Infinity to see if there's a significant difference.

Ruckin69 02-16-2010 06:19 PM

What do you guys think of the GNU B Pro BTX. It not the C2 BTX? Also, do you think a 151 is too small for the Lotus?
Thanks