Dark Series C2 & Never Summer Heritage Redux - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrecksler View Post
Dang, I sure hope you're wrong because I already ordered the Heritage.

Ah well, if I don't like it, I will try something else next season like one of the Gnu boards. And while the weight was a negative, it wasn't a deal breaker. If the Magne Traction had been a little more subtle (I found it very grabby) I might have been able to get it to carve the way I like to.

From what I've read, the NS R&C technology is less invasive than Lib's C2BTX and Magne Traction and while I am going into this expecting the Heritage to weigh about the same, those differences could make the difference for me.
You should've gone with a Lib Phoenix Series (Lynn/Lando) or T.Rice which have a mellow MTX edge.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
You should've gone with a Lib Phoenix Series (Lynn/Lando) or T.Rice which have a mellow MTX edge.
Well, I finally received my Heritage and rode it today and so far, I have to say that while they are similar, I have noticed some differences:

1. The Dark Series feels heavy yet the Heritage, although not lightweight, didn't. My 158 was 7lbs using the bathroom scale when I got home, and the 160 Heritage 6.5lbs.
2. The Dark Series would wash out exiting turns when going fast on hardpack, and I couldn't really carve on it. The Heritage almost rides like a regular cambered board on the hardpack.
3. Magne traction is super grippy which scrubs speed off in the flats, and the variable edge that NS uses is less invasive.

It's so early in my ownership to draw any firm conclusions, but so far the Heritage is pretty competent. After riding in hardpack (some softpack) the Heritage has outpeformed the Dark Series. But the Dark Series dominated crud like no other board I've ridden so we'll see how it handles that.
vrecksler is offline   Reply With Quote