hatchet, mistake to go wide ?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 02:22 AM
avonmagic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
hatchet, mistake to go wide ??

Hello everyone, new to the forum and this is my first post, and in typical newbie fashion, its one of confusion and i could do with some advice/opinions.

i have had a few weeks snowboarding over the last couple of years and have taken the plunge and bought myself a new board to progress on.
i read reviews and forums until i got bloodshot eyes and decided to get the Atomic hatchet.

the thing is, i have bought the 159 wide version, and now i am getting the feeling that i should not have gone with the wide one.

i am 5'11 around 12 stone and have a UK size 10 boot (US11 i think equivalent).
i had mixed advice when buying, some say go wide others say stick to a standard size.

i put the boots on the board last night just for a visual (no bindings bought yet) and there was a reasonable amount of toe and heel overhang (around 25mm/1inch).

my question is- will this be ok ?? will the wide board really affect the way the board goes from edge to edge ??

i have a 30 day no quibble return offer on the board.

thanks again for reading my thread. all advice appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 02:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What kind of angles are you riding with? I can't imagine overhang on a wide board if you're only a size 11 boot.

If a wide board is not strictly necessary, you really shouldn't be riding one as it decreases your ability to control your edges.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 03:14 AM
avonmagic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
0 deg on the back foot and 15 deg on the front foot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode