Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Sierrascope on its way!!!!! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/25070-sierrascope-its-way.html)

weipim 02-16-2010 03:50 AM

Sierrascope on its way!!!!!

whaaaaatttt, i must be out of my mind buying a snowboard at 2 am in the morning and decide to post this on the forum 40 min later, but i'm soooooo hyped abt this buy.

I just started to snowboard last november with a sports authority burton haha, and somehow i picked up quite fast now i'm pretty comfortable with linking my turns and switch edges, so i decided to go for a better board. After digging around here for a while, I finally decided to lay down my money on this one, although the graphic on it is what held me back from not buying it earlier. anyway i'm super happy about this and will let you guys know asap about it.

now i just don't know what binding to go with them, i have a huge crush on RIDE and i heard the 10' ex are really good, somehow i don't mind to spend a few more on the delta mvmt but also welcome any other substitute.

I am 6' 175lbs, i barely do park cuz i just don't know how to jump yet haha. so I guess jumping will be my focus for the rest of the season. any inputs on binding is greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

svwannabe 02-16-2010 07:05 AM

Congrats on the buy, with the deals going on right now and tax return moneys burn a hole in my pocket I was so ready to pull the trigger on a new setup last night... Decisions decisions...

c_mack9 02-16-2010 08:10 AM

killer man. i have ride betas on my sierrascope and they are great. with everything on sale right now its a great time to get some new bindings, im considering union contacts because of the sales.

NYinfamous2k2 02-16-2010 08:25 AM

good shit bro, the sierrascope is sooo official. its def going to help you progress faster, and dont worry bout the grafix they look sick in person, I had this board for a few weeks now and every time im out on it I get "yooo that a sick board" all day no bullshit, throw some rome targas on that beast mang, very versitile binding, its like haveing 3 bindings in one, you can make them soft for jibbing and pressing n playing around, then just throw a insert into the ankle strap and the response doubles for bombing and pow runs.

Hoons 02-16-2010 09:51 AM

I feel you man, I just placed an order for my sierrascope too.

I'm pairing it up with Rome 390s because they seem to be the best for my purposes.
Mostly park but can take it anywhere. And they're 30% off right now

bufo 02-16-2010 01:48 PM

I see people pairing the Sierrascope with the Union Force. I guess it's cause Union and Capita are part of the same company.

sevenstarsfall 02-16-2010 01:53 PM

Congrats on the purchase, Im going to be picking this board up today! Im throwing my cartels on it for now but am interested in the 390s and forces so ill eventually grab one of those to put on it!

weipim 02-16-2010 02:49 PM

thanks to YALLLLL, i can't express my happyness efficiently enough haha.

I want a pair of binding that will last me for a while, and i really like the metallic materials on ride bindings and I wonder if this is the only company doing it this way? however I added two more candidates in my bindings purchase:

Rome targa
k2 formula (since angry snowboarder has such a good review on them)
ride EX
ride Delta

any other suggestion is greatly appreciated as well , however i think i'll stay away from the union force.

bufo 02-16-2010 03:29 PM

I have the K2 Formulas now. I don't have much experience with different bindings, but I have had no problems with the Formulas. There are a lot of things you can adjust on the Formulas. My style of riding is all-mountain freestyle... and they seem to do well for that. Before I had them I owned a pair of Rome 390s. They were just as good as the Formulas IMO. I have the bindings on a K2 Darkstar... will soon be putting them on my Parkstar.

weipim 02-16-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bufo (Post 256652)
I have the K2 Formulas now. I don't have much experience with different bindings, but I have had no problems with the Formulas. There are a lot of things you can adjust on the Formulas. My style of riding is all-mountain freestyle... and they seem to do well for that. Before I had them I owned a pair of Rome 390s. They were just as good as the Formulas IMO. I have the bindings on a K2 Darkstar... will soon be putting them on my Parkstar.

thats awesome mannn, thanks for telling me this,

how responsive you think they are ?