how can a better board improve your ride ? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default how can a better board improve your ride ?

the only snowboard ive ever got was a salomon shade 165 , i read that it sucks , and i know that it sucks , just by holding it and feeling how heavy it is . but i don't suck , i can race whoever you want on the slopes and can pull big airs and tricks , so if i got a better board how will i improve , since my board is labeled under beginer board , so i know the difference in material and weight between expensive and cheap snowboards , but do u think they make u ride better? .. feel free to elaborate more about the subject
blasphemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
WttS

well a better board will make a huge difference, this is especially true if you ride the park a lot. Some factors that do affect the ride is flex, weight, edge material, and the general shape of the board. First the flex plays a big role if you do a of butters or technical rail riding. Weight can play a big role for everything, like ollieing , spins, flips, etc... Edge material can also play a big role, because the new boards with the slime walls are virtually impossible to catch your edge on a rail because of the materials used. And finally the shape of the board, if your just rec riding than a directional board is fine, but for park riding a twin tip is very useful cause if your riding switched it will ride the same.

Hopefully I have enlighted you on the subject and changed your opinion that better boards do make a difference. BUT!!! if your just recreational riding it really doesnt matter, so if your not planning on any spins, flips, or technical rails any board should be fine
Old 12-17-2007, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks for your replies , so i shouldnt buy a 200 $ board anymore right? i was thinking of this , here the brands are few Save up to 50% on Nitro Target Snowboards - Mens Snowboard Snowboarding Gear Equipment
but its a beginer board i read ,and i can't afford more, so i guess am gonna buy a used bortun from my friends. and basicly we dont do rails over here and we have no parks , we do rails when the resort is closed and its the rail of the restaurarnt.

Last edited by blasphemy; 12-18-2007 at 04:16 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

just look for closeouts from last season or in the f/s thread here and you can find a sick board for a good price
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

i live in lebanon (a country) , its so far away from where u guys live , it'll cost a 100 $ for shipping, and that nitro board costs 310 $ here , am so unlucky being born here.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't really know that a BETTER board will make you better. A board that suits you will make you better. A newbie on the most expensive board in the world won't get better just because the board is higher quality. On the other hand, even if you're the best racecar driver in the world, you won't win an F1 trophy in a Taurus.

I think that a better board will allow you to progress further and hone your skills, but I don't think it alone will make you any better.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote