womens boards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
awilliams

Default womens boards

I'm very new to riding, and i dont know very much about anything yet...
But i think im on my way to being addicted!
I've been taking lessons, and I'm planning on maybe getting my own board (because its soooo annoying renting everytime, and takes so much time away from just getting on the board!)
I've been poking around a bit and I'm wondering if there are any womens boards (or ones that can work for women) that arent so girly and "pink" looking
I know it seems a ridiculous question, but I want my board to reflect my personality, and pink aint it!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliams View Post
I'm very new to riding, and i dont know very much about anything yet...
But i think im on my way to being addicted!
I've been taking lessons, and I'm planning on maybe getting my own board (because its soooo annoying renting everytime, and takes so much time away from just getting on the board!)
I've been poking around a bit and I'm wondering if there are any womens boards (or ones that can work for women) that arent so girly and "pink" looking
I know it seems a ridiculous question, but I want my board to reflect my personality, and pink aint it!!!!

Check out Arbor snowboards:
Arbor

and Atomic Snowboards

www.atomicsnowboarding.com
gjsnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
awilliams

ooooooo
Much better already!!!!
im not a total bad @ss, but i would def feel better on a board thats not adorable...
THANKS!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

There are plenty. Just look around. In fact, I can't think of a snowboard that's actually pink. What exactly do you consider "girly?"

This one has a unicorn, but it's definitely anything but girly: Capita Space Metal Fantasy Womens - Snowboards Reviews & Sale | SierraSnowboard.com

My board has graphics that I suppose you could consider girly, but it has it has a nice "edge" to it as well: B-Street Ľ GNU Snowboards

Regardless, buy a board based on personal fit, not based on graphics.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Seconding lilfoot. Don't buy a board based on graphics unless you plan to just hang it up on your wall. I actually like girlier looking boards but there aren't too many. And of the few I've seen, most of them are beginner boards like the Ride Solace and Burton Lux. Even those have gotten an edgier makeover in the past couple of years.
unsunken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
awilliams

I definitely want functionality... It's gonna also depend on cost...
I wonder if, as a beginner, it's more typical to get something less expensive that you can beat up more.
Someone even mentioned getting one used...
If I go full out, tho then I better get one I wanna live with
I would take something super "plain" (black, gray...) because it's just basic. On the slopes and on some sites, most of the stuff I see is what I call "pink"... Nothing wrong with it, but if I pay hundreds of dollars for everything, it better be the complete package... Something I can have for a while and love...
my husband is a lifelong skiier ( I have always hated skiing!) and he's so excited I've been sticking to my lessons and getting better And loving it that this will be his treat
i don't know if I'll have this figured out by the time we go again next weekend but I'm getting all the input I can.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Prices are cheap enough right now that you might as well buy a new board. Check places like REI.com and sierrasnowboard.com for some sweet deals.

The best thing to do is demo a bunch of different sizes and styles so you have an idea of what you prefer before you buy. For example, after riding several different boards at various lengths, I know that I prefer and ride best on a shorter, flexier board.

For a beginner, the trick is to buy a board that you will be able to learn on, but that will be advanced enough for you to ride for a few years. I tend to recommend mid-range all-mountain freestyle boards for beginners - soft flex to learn on, but not too soft to hold you back as you progress.

Some plain or less girly boards that might suit you:
Never Summer Pandora
Burton Troop
Rome Vinyl
Atomic Fallen Angel
Arbor Eden or Cadence
Ride Compact
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Legadia

I hear ya...I'm not much of a pink girl either. I ride a 2009 Arbor Push & a 2008 Burton Feelgood. Both are pretty low key and not crazy girly. If there is a board with specs that you really dig, but happen to hate the graphics, try searching for previous years. Check out eBay or Google shopping. While others may say graphics aren't that important, it is helpful to at least like your board
Old 02-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Shred Betties: Women's Snowboarding Magazine

Lots of info their

And ya the Capita Space Metal Fantasy is sick
Moral of the story: If your going to rob people, wear a diaper.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote