Anyone heard of the M3 MR1 ?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
kyle0k

Default Anyone heard of the M3 MR1 ??

Im looking to buy a board and there are a couple choices, the one choice that I cant find NOT ONE THING on is the m3 MR1. Does anyone know anything about this board?

Here is the link to my other thread about my options.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...tml#post255761

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2010, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

M3 has since changed to M4 and is now known as Artec. You're money is probably better spent somewhere else.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
kyle0k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
M3 has since changed to M4 and is now known as Artec. You're money is probably better spent somewhere else.
While I know its not the best brand, is there anything that you could really recommend thats better that includes bindings and boots for 270 dollars!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

pretty sure the M3 name was sold several years ago. New M3s are more likely made in china by who knows? and as entry level sports chain boards.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
kyle0k

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra0 View Post
pretty sure the M3 name was sold several years ago. New M3s are more likely made in china by who knows? and as entry level sports chain boards.
So you think its a "new" m3. I am also looking at the discord which is also "new" but I think its jsut leftover stock and not like this season board type thing.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle0k View Post
While I know its not the best brand, is there anything that you could really recommend thats better that includes bindings and boots for 270 dollars!
You want to spend extra money on boots. I'd take a crappier board and good boots over an amazing board and bad boots. Boots are definitely something that you should buy in person (or at least try on... but kinda a dick move to try them on and then buy them online).
I got an (used granted) Atomic Radon and some bindings for $150. Leaves $120 for boots. Not saying you'll find that exact deal, but it can be done...

(By the way, with my current setup, my boots actually costed more than my board. Very happy I did that).

Edit: By the way, unless it's something specific that they may have added rocker or something to, most boards from last year are going to be the exact same as this year's boards...
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
kyle0k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
You want to spend extra money on boots. I'd take a crappier board and good boots over an amazing board and bad boots. Boots are definitely something that you should buy in person (or at least try on... but kinda a dick move to try them on and then buy them online).
I got an (used granted) Atomic Radon and some bindings for $150. Leaves $120 for boots. Not saying you'll find that exact deal, but it can be done...

(By the way, with my current setup, my boots actually costed more than my board. Very happy I did that).

Edit: By the way, unless it's something specific that they may have added rocker or something to, most boards from last year are going to be the exact same as this year's boards...
I'm amazed at how often I keep hearing how important the boots are. I'm not an idiot, so obviously theres truth to it, but can someone actually explain why?!?! I use to wear some shitty old too small on me k2 boots for a season or two and that was just fine, only problem was that they were literally a size to small so for first hour i would feel the tightness. All the rest of the times it was rental boots that I cant imagine be any better than what im getting, and those were perfect. I do understand that comfort is important when your in them all day, but Ive never had 'great' boots so maybe I just dont know the comfort that im missing out on, but it hasnt held me back yet since Ive never felt it before( The old saying of, if you never watched a tv then you dont mind not having one)!

Also, I have been looking for a good used board/setup for the past month or so and couldnt find anything. I deffinitely wanted to initially buy a used setup because it would be a much better setup for the money but I havent found anything worth buying.

Lastly, same thing with baords. As a skateboarder I know that board has ALOT to do with performance. BUT at the same time I knew it had more to do with your skill level and what board type you were used to rather then the actual 'statistics' of the board. Even then I know that you give me some shitty board and Ill still do most of my tricks. Having a shittier board wouldnt so much hold me back as make me compensate for it. The reason Im bringing this up is that since I only go snowboarding maximum couple times a year I don't see how having a 700 dollar setup will be any more than just marginally better for me then getting something cheap. Im not arguiing here, as I dont know about snowboarding exactly, but rather asking someone to explain things to me....

Last edited by kyle0k; 02-17-2010 at 12:54 AM.