Need help with new board & boot overhang - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 02:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
K1tt3n5

Looks fine to me. Did you get all of your angles and stance width setup? I have more toe overhang than that and am perfectly fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2010, 06:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
newbiesara

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1tt3n5 View Post
Looks fine to me. Did you get all of your angles and stance width setup? I have more toe overhang than that and am perfectly fine.
I set my stance at 18 inches and i set my angles at +12/-6.

I just a couple of articles (including ones from members here) and several posts about beginner setup. I watched a bunch of youtube videos on the process of actually mounting the bindings and I'll admit it took me over an hour. But I got it and I know now how to adjust it if I find I don't like the stance or want to change the angles.

Question about set back. The board comes 2" setback, do I want to keep this or should I center the bindings more? I'm just learning and the local hill hasn't seen a snowfall in weeks (ie no powder) and I have read that the set back is good for powder riding and centered is good for freestyle riding... im not doing either.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dont try to compensate for the set back by pushing your bindings forward if thats what you mean no...
Set back "helps" with powder..but doesnt make it necessarily a powder board if that makes sense
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiesara View Post
I set my stance at 18 inches and i set my angles at +12/-6.

I just a couple of articles (including ones from members here) and several posts about beginner setup. I watched a bunch of youtube videos on the process of actually mounting the bindings and I'll admit it took me over an hour. But I got it and I know now how to adjust it if I find I don't like the stance or want to change the angles.

Question about set back. The board comes 2" setback, do I want to keep this or should I center the bindings more? I'm just learning and the local hill hasn't seen a snowfall in weeks (ie no powder) and I have read that the set back is good for powder riding and centered is good for freestyle riding... im not doing either.
it kinda depends on how you ride. i have a true twin board, which means it can be ridden in any direction, it doesnt have a front or back. so i set my bindings centered, and at 10/-10, which also helps for park.
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
newbiesara

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
Dont try to compensate for the set back by pushing your bindings forward if thats what you mean no...
Set back "helps" with powder..but doesnt make it necessarily a powder board if that makes sense
Thanks - that is what i meant and i left it as it was. Im gonna take it out for the first time tonight!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
newbiesara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpez View Post
it kinda depends on how you ride. i have a true twin board, which means it can be ridden in any direction, it doesnt have a front or back. so i set my bindings centered, and at 10/-10, which also helps for park.
It does sat its a twin with symmetrical twin flex, and the tip and tail dimensions are the same. I need to see if i can simply make it through a run without breaking a wrist before i tackle the park