Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Need help with new board & boot overhang (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/25122-need-help-new-board-boot-overhang.html)

newbiesara 02-16-2010 07:53 PM

Need help with new board & boot overhang

7 Attachment(s)
Hi - forgive me if i should be posting this in a different area.

I tonight picked up a new board & bindings. I am setting up the bindings myself - probably not a great idea but i want to learn how to do it and then i will have a friend of mine who is experienced check it out. I don't wanna pay someone everytime i need the bindings adjusted.

Anyway... The guy at the store who sold me the boots (back at xmas) and the board (today) told me my set up would be ok. But as im assembling it, I am wondering about toe overhang and drag. I looked elsewhere on the forum and it looks like its not that much compared to some other photos, but I don't wanna tighten everything if I need to return/exchange something to get it right. I love the look of my setup but would rather have it right! also is the binding too far back - its as far back as it will go??

Thanks for your help!

Attachment 2974

Attachment 2975

Attachment 2976

Attachment 2978

Attachment 2984

Attachment 2985

Attachment 2986

Tarzanman 02-16-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newbiesara (Post 256926)
Hi - forgive me if i should be posting this in a different area.

I tonight picked up a new board & bindings. I am setting up the bindings myself - probably not a great idea but i want to learn how to do it and then i will have a friend of mine who is experienced check it out. I don't wanna pay someone everytime i need the bindings adjusted.

Anyway... The guy at the store who sold me the boots (back at xmas) and the board (today) told me my set up would be ok. But as im assembling it, I am wondering about toe overhang and drag. I looked elsewhere on the forum and it looks like its not that much compared to some other photos, but I don't wanna tighten everything if I need to return/exchange something to get it right. I love the look of my setup but would rather have it right! also is the binding too far back - its as far back as it will go??

Thanks for your help!

That looks fine to me. I have that much hang on my normal sized board (I might actually have a bit more than that, actually)

Bmansthebomb 02-16-2010 08:20 PM

Is 2 inches too much?

TXBDan 02-16-2010 08:43 PM

You think THATS overhang?

newbiesara 02-16-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarzanman (Post 256948)
That looks fine to me. I have that much hang on my normal sized board (I might actually have a bit more than that, actually)

Thanks! I appreciate your help

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXBDan (Post 256991)
You think THATS overhang?

So I'm good?? hahahaha jk :)

mrpez 02-16-2010 11:19 PM

thats fine

AWNOW 02-16-2010 11:28 PM

Looks like one issue that needs to be dealt with. Hard to explain, guess I will just have to come over to your house to show you how to fix it. :dunno::dunno::D

arsenic0 02-17-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWNOW (Post 257149)
Looks like one issue that needs to be dealt with. Hard to explain, guess I will just have to come over to your house to show you how to fix it. :dunno::dunno::D

Wow...only 27 posts in before she gets harassed. Maybe new record?:laugh:

The overhang is fine, and it looks like you have your bindings/boots centered properly over the width of the board so good job on that.

LTManiac 02-17-2010 01:59 AM

As others have said, looks good. I have a little bit more overhang than you and I'm fine.

Also, :thumbsup: for a fellow accountant snowboarder. :D

twin89 02-17-2010 02:05 AM

thats perfectly fine, you do want a little bit of overhang as it helps with edge control and putting pressure on your edges