A park/jib board for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 08:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default A park/jib board for me?

Hi guys, I had rode a piece of crap for 3 years until i picked up a burton custom 154 last year which is great for me all over the mountain and it helped me progress so much this season alone!
So now I'd like to pick up a dedicated park/jib board to get better at boxes/rails/pressing and has enough pop(?) to get me onto those rails. Sierra snowboard and other stores have 2010 stuff going on sale so I better figure out what to look for. So if you guys can recommend a few boards and help me figure a size that would be great. Has to be twin tip/flex.

Im 5'8"
130-140lbs
size 9 boots

How does a K2 WWW sound for me? Do I want a rockered board? What other boards should i look at?

If i left out any info let me know thanks!
mAd mOrdigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
burtonDK64

the www is a great beginner park board it can handle anything. and well be strong enough for when u progress. dont go rocker
Old 02-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Shrox

Im in love with my horrorscope/union contacts. Been riding the park for a while. Love this setup completely

I would say go with the rocker
Old 02-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

burtondk.. why no rocker?

what size would youguys recommend for me. I was thinkin 150, whats the smallest i should go?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Shrox

I would say 150. I'm 6'1, 190 LBS on the 55
Old 02-18-2010, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

would you say between the horroscope and sierrascope i should stick with the horroscope as a dedicated park board considering i have my Custom for everything else outside the park? I heard the horroscope is a bit sofer. Or are they practically the same board?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

the softer board is the horrorscope
Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
phlyHIGHER156

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonDK64 View Post
the www is a great beginner park board it can handle anything. and well be strong enough for when u progress. dont go rocker
I slightly disagree. The k2 WWW is a great beginner park board, and personally it shocked me when I took my first run. It handled anything I threw at it out of the get go. On the otherhand, the quote about not going rocker is what i disagree on. Go rocker, it will help you around the whole mountain. I have had multiple customers return with satisfaction after selling them a rocker board. It's for sure a preference thing, but it helps out alot on sktchy landings and the overall ride of the board. The world wide rocker's constructed as a mildly soft snowboard, which makes it perfect for rails/boxes/presses. even though its a little too soft for big booters its great for beginning jibbers and small to medium jumps.

Hope that helped, onelove.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Shrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAd mOrdigan View Post
would you say between the horroscope and sierrascope i should stick with the horroscope as a dedicated park board considering i have my Custom for everything else outside the park? I heard the horroscope is a bit sofer. Or are they practically the same board?
as a dedicated park board, horrorscope. Sierrascope is like an indoor w/ horrorscope shape
Old 02-19-2010, 02:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyHIGHER156 View Post
I slightly disagree. The k2 WWW is a great beginner park board, and personally it shocked me when I took my first run. It handled anything I threw at it out of the get go. On the otherhand, the quote about not going rocker is what i disagree on. Go rocker, it will help you around the whole mountain. I have had multiple customers return with satisfaction after selling them a rocker board. It's for sure a preference thing, but it helps out alot on sktchy landings and the overall ride of the board. The world wide rocker's constructed as a mildly soft snowboard, which makes it perfect for rails/boxes/presses. even though its a little too soft for big booters its great for beginning jibbers and small to medium jumps.

Hope that helped, onelove.
Actually it does, thanks. The only jumps i do are small too medium jumps, so it does sound good. I'd consider myself to be an intermediate to advanced snowboarder all around the mountain, but im a beginner in the park so the rocker helping out on sketchy landings sounds like something that would benefit me.