Is it worth buying a board right now during this time of the season (first board) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
caliplaya209

Default Is it worth buying a board right now during this time of the season (first board)

I am really eager to purchase my first board, but am wondering if right now its even worth it considering i probably only have 2-3 snowboarding trips left max. How cheaper do boards get during the the off season? I have seen some really good deals on Brociety and almost snatched some boards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

brociety, whiskeymilitia, steepandcheap will always have the best deals on boards. if you wait a month or 2 you can get some good deals on sites like sierrasnowboard and evogear. granted the stocks will be lower and less boards available.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
caliplaya209

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyface View Post
brociety, whiskeymilitia, steepandcheap will always have the best deals on boards. if you wait a month or 2 you can get some good deals on sites like sierrasnowboard and evogear. granted the stocks will be lower and less boards available.
so pretty much even in the off season i will be getting the same prices on brociety as i am now?
Old 02-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
BBailey

I just bought a skate banana and mission bindings for a little more than 50% off and I got those prices at my local board shop, would imagine you could get even better online but I hate waiting for stuff, I would rather pay a few more and get it right away. def a good time to buy. I find this time of year you can get great deals and still have a decent selection, I personally find that people start running out of certain stocked items in another month or 2. just my opinion, others may not agree.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliplaya209 View Post
so pretty much even in the off season i will be getting the same prices on brociety as i am now?
yo bro!

209 Represent! lol where abouts you from?
209Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
caliplaya209

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209Cali View Post
yo bro!

209 Represent! lol where abouts you from?
Haha i'm from Stockton, but live in San Jose now for school. Parents still live in Stockton though. You?
Old 02-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

i got my wife a 08-09 ride verona that retailed for $530 for $199 at my local shop for christmas in december so the deals are always out there you just have to find them
The_Guchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliplaya209 View Post
ya. the boards they have on there are atleast 1 year old. they are just clearing stock so i dont think the prices will drop anymore.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think that it would be worth buying a deck now rather than in the off season even though you save an additional 10-20%(?) off the retail price. Like everybody else has said, sometimes the sizes that you want are sold out. As for Brociety and what not they're a good place to check but you run the risk of it not coming up.
Fizzlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Late season sales are the perfect time to buy new gear. You get it at a significant discount, still get to use it a few times this season, and then of course all seasons afterwards. If you can afford it, don't hesitate to buy now.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote