User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 05:57 PM
daka123

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
SL-R or Legacy-R

I was looking for an all mountain/freeride board for a couple of weeks and right now I just saw that I can get the legacy-r or the sl-r (never summer) for 350$. So I am 6.00feet, 190 pounds and wear size 12 boots. Which one would be better and in what size should I get it? (I will mainly just freeride with that board.) Ty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 06:51 PM
JerseyTA

With a size 12 boot like I have I went with the Legacy bc its essentially the same thing as the SL just the Legacy is a mid-wide board so less heel/toe drag. And either a 159-161
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You can fit size 12 boots on a SL 161 just fine unless you have a very narrow canteen stance. Don't get the extra width if you don't need it.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 06:58 PM
JerseyTA

very true, I liked the color design better too so that kinda persuaded me into the legacy lol
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 07:42 PM
daka123

Ok so from what I did understand is that 1 guy says that size 12 is better on legacy. Other says that it can fit well too on sl and a third guy that says the graphics on the legacy are better. I just want to know with my stats which board will be best for me...?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You could probably get away with a size 12 on a SL-R as long as you went no shorter than 161. It has 25.5cm waist..a buddy of mine wears size 13 Rulers(that are supposed to be shrunk down to near size 12's) on a board thats 25.9cm and has some overhang but not too bad...

Getting a legacy-R would allow you to get a shorter size and still fit.

Honestly at 190 you can get around a 158ish if you wanted...in which case legacy.

'09 151 Never Summer SL-R
'10 K2 T1 DB Bots
'09 Burton Cartel Bindings
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
Honestly at 190 you can get around a 158ish if you wanted...in which case legacy.
I wouldn't bother going shorter than 161. Just got my 161 SL-R and it handles like a 155, but carves and bombs like a 161. Just no need to go down that notch in effective edge to gain maneuverability, it's plenty quick to turn and spin. Nice to have the extra speed and float as well as more edge when you hit ice.

I'm only a size 10 boot, but from eyeballing my setup, I'd say you shouldn't have a problem with a size 12.

Last edited by Bones; 02-19-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode