Older k2 darkstar question . - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
burnnxs

Default Older k2 darkstar question .

Hi

I'm new to snowboarding and have only hit up the resorts here in Utah twice just this month. I really dig it. I have been borrowing an older k2 Darkstar from a friend. He offered to sell it for $70 with 08' Burton freestyle bindings, which have only been used 3 times.

The board feels good. I can link turns okay, although it's harder to turn heel side sharp, like I can toe side. I figure it's because I have no experience. Lol. I can brake very well , flat board ok...
The board is a 157 older k2 Darkstar.
I also own an old Burton floater. I can't remember the size, but it's up there. (159-160's?)

I ride goofy, I'm 5'9, 165 lbs, and I wear 10.5 Burton boots. What do you think of this setup for me ?
From what I have been reading, I think I want a 154 rocker style board, but maybe a little down the road.

Can anyone help me identify the board's age or in finding old reviews for the K2?

On the top of the board, it's flat black, has a k2 logo engraving on the rear half, Darkstar lettering in light gray with a red Anarchy circling the A, and a graphity looking circle with a gas masked looking dude outlined in gray.
On the belly of the board, it's all black with orange big blood-like drips on the middle upper half.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the darkstar used to be a directional twin (theyve turned it into a twin park board nowadays)

the board is a for sure solid board. great for everything.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

That's got to be an old board...In 03 it was a frankenstien carrying a girl on the top sheet, in 04 it was black and white p-tex with like a nurse on it (I had this one) in 05 it was blue with a mountain scene and a wrestler on the top sheet, in 06 it was black or white with clouds on the bottom, in 07 it went to white with a stripe across the nose, (also limited edition colab that year in black with pink stripe, again I had this one), 08,09, and 2010 you can see on the web if you look them up. So I'd say by your description that it's either not a darkstar or a darkstar prior to 03.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
burnnxs

I left the board at my buds place or I would post pics.
So what do you guys think about the setup that I have in mind ? (the 154 )
Old 02-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The board is legit and worth $70 for sure if it's in good condition. The bindings are horrible but they'd be good to learn on and upgrade as you progress to more challenging terrain.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
burnnxs

I'm thinking on selling my huge powder board real cheap and use the money towards a new k2 parkstar 152 maybe a 149.I'm leaning towards a shorter board all together. I'm gonna rent a short board and see how it feels... what do you think ?
I think the 157 its still a lil to big for me.As a comparison, I ride a 44 longboard and I would compare it too the 157 k2 darkstar vs maybe the 149 a reg skateboard ?