Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Flow quantum vs Flow Strike (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/25441-flow-quantum-vs-flow-strike.html)

Pyrofeed 02-20-2010 08:10 PM

Flow quantum vs Flow Strike

This is starting to become a tough choice for me. I am so close to pulling the trigger, but I can't decide between what I have heard about both of these. I know the quantum is a freestyle, and I know the strike is a all mountain. They both have similar regular camber, similar effective edges. The quantum comes in 153 and the strike 155. I am 150 lbs 5'5" and a size 9. I have heard that the quantum can hold its own when just cruising down the mountain, not bombing, but enjoying oneself, and is def a good park board with a deal more flex than the strike. I have been looking to improve my freestyle riding quite a bit so it does seem attractive if all that is true. The strike sounds like a regular all mountain board with mid flex, which would be safe, however it is long for me, and idk how much harder that extra length would make it to work on my freestyle. I believe i am a 152 so I figure with the small increase in size on the part of the quantum it will fit my needs. However I am not too sure, any opinions or advice would certainly help

Pyrofeed 02-20-2010 08:18 PM

I have also been considering the 152 sierrascope for the same purpose, improve freestyle but continue some fun runs. btw i am not really going into jibs and rails, mostly jumps, so i need pop

Pyrofeed 02-21-2010 04:54 PM

Come on someone! I need to buy it tonight

FLuiD 02-21-2010 05:06 PM

I haven't seen to many people on these forums riding Flow boards. You may wanna do some research....Search the google etc...

Pyrofeed 02-21-2010 05:44 PM

I have, I can't really find any info...there are two reviews on sierrasnowboard, but thats it...I mean if scotty lago can do it...but I would like an actual review

SMDSkata 02-21-2010 06:31 PM

I'm riding a Flow Verve. I have 11 days on it this season. It really broke in and it the softness is right where I want it. It doesn't do a great job on chatter, but the only time its made me fall is on the really steep dimonds. On ice, its the safest I've ever felt...which is rare on early season michigan ice...

I'm 6'1'' 205, and I ride a 155. Its prolly riding a lot softer because of it, but I only ride freestyle locally...because my hills are only 300ft vert. I a trip though, I had no issues...

Pyrofeed 02-21-2010 06:44 PM

I believe the quantum is a little stiffer than the verve, so this is sounding pretty good

SMDSkata 02-21-2010 06:52 PM

Yeah I may even pick up a Quantum for my next setup if the price is right...

Pyrofeed 02-21-2010 06:55 PM

well I think i'm gonna do it, flow quantum, flow nxt atse. I'll post when they get here, and I'll post a review once I ride it.

SMDSkata 02-21-2010 07:11 PM

I've always been hesitant on flow bindings, but after riding this board...I'm sold. Gonna be putting the Forum Republics to bed when i get the cash.