Park Board: K2 Parkstar or Gnu Park Pickle? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Parkstar or Pickle?
Parkstar 12 48.00%
Pickle 13 52.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
stimyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
.......EXACTLY
OH, I see what you're saying. I thought you meant your friend never hits rails BECAUSE of the magnetraction on the Pickle. You just meant he does jumps mostly...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimyg View Post
But... the Park Pickle is the one with magnetraction, so if that's good for rails... wouldn't that make the Pickle the better board for both jumps and rails?
magnetraction doesn't make a board better for rails, it just allows you to keep have better edge hold outside of the park if you decided to file your edges down. the park pickle is kinda stiff for rails, but its do able.
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
stimyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchompy View Post
magnetraction doesn't make a board better for rails, it just allows you to keep have better edge hold outside of the park if you decided to file your edges down. the park pickle is kinda stiff for rails, but its do able.
Got it, thanks.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Chainsaw

The pickle will be find on the rails.. This board won the rails to riches competition this year so that should give you an idea about how it will do on rails. You wont have a single issue. It is a touch stiffer than the Skate Banana so the pop will be better and landings better and more stable at higher speeds. It will also be better when your taking it off the bigger stuff.. The mag-traction shouldnt give you any issues at all, only benefits. As far as the rest of the mountain it should be very playfull and fun. The asymmetrical side cut will make your heal side turns tighter and the reverse camber floaty and catch free. Trasnworld rated the pickle 5 stars and any
review you read about the board gives it its praises.

What i dont understand is the votes for the Parkster with noone saying why they think the parkster is the better choice. Every post in here has been pro Pickle. ... Strange
Old 02-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

double post...

Last edited by jputtho2; 02-23-2010 at 02:26 PM.
jputtho2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

I ride a 157 Parkstar and ride everywhere with it and have had it since the new year. I'm in the midwest so typically what I ride on is manmade snow/ice which it handles well actually. It bites hard into the ice and I can carve and link my turns easily. Of what I have ridden, which excludes the park pickle, it feels awesome. I spend a lot of time in the park and ride rails and hit jumps. As far as the soft comments, in general I don't feel it's soft however maybe it is softer than the Pickle (dunno never ridden one). I bought mine before all the sales came back when they were all $430 (well I got mine for $386 shipped on eBay new heh) and I still don't regret buying it knowing I could have gotten something else for much less.

However I cannot tell you which board is better because I have not ridden the pickle.

I'm curious if anyone else in here that is saying one board is best over the other has actually ridden both extensively or are you just trying to justify your purchase of the pickle/parkstar and giving your opinion of what you have read?
Old 02-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

I have ridden both the park star and the park pickle
the pickle is a bit stiffer, but for me, you gotta go mervin or go home
PICKLE POWER
Old 02-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatebanana101 View Post
I have ridden both the park star and the park pickle
the pickle is a bit stiffer, but for me, you gotta go mervin or go home
PICKLE POWER
lol Do you consider the Park to be stiff in general though and then of course the pickle slightly stiffer. The reason I asked is because I compared my parkstar to my buddy's '10 legacy-r and my board is definitely stiffer. I believe the flex rating is like a 7 on the legacy although I dunno if that's just a NS rating scale or if it's like a standard scale used throughout the board industry.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
stimyg

Pickle it is. Just arrived. Thanks for all your input!!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

good choice, you wont regret it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jputtho2 View Post
lol Do you consider the Park to be stiff in general though and then of course the pickle slightly stiffer. The reason I asked is because I compared my parkstar to my buddy's '10 legacy-r and my board is definitely stiffer. I believe the flex rating is like a 7 on the legacy although I dunno if that's just a NS rating scale or if it's like a standard scale used throughout the board industry.
no the pickle is almost as flexy as a skate banana. a 152cm banana is a 5 flex and a 153cm pickle is 6.
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote