k2 Slayblade vs Ride Machete vs LibTech T.Rice C2 BTX - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chainsaw

Default k2 Slayblade vs Ride Machete vs LibTech T.Rice C2 BTX

Im gonna get one of these.. Any opinions?

Ive done mad research and i love all 3 of these boards... Just looking for a reason to push me over the edge to 1 of the 3.. Im feeling all of them pretty equally.

Anyone have a reason why one over the others??

Last edited by Chainsaw; 02-21-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chainsaw

im not apposed to never summer either.. dont know much about em.. but from my riding style the legacy, heritage or the SL- R... might fit as well..
Old 02-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
SHOTGUNABEER

haven't did alot of research on those three boards but i am looking into the legacy-r from NS b/c of the three year warrenty, quality of the boards and found one for cheap. =D can't say anything about those boards yet but ima check them out now.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chainsaw

bump.......
Old 02-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chainsaw

Default bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
bump.......
bumpppp.................
Old 02-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well I haven't ridden the other boards but I'm absolutely in love with my 157 C2 T.Rice. I just got it so I've only taken it out once but after only a few runs I was charging a lot harder than on my old board, it's very stable but still maneuverable and it really stomps landings. Hope that helps
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I've tried all but the TRice. I highly favor the Machete. The Slayblade's 0 camber is cool and all, but it just isn't as fun as the Machete. If you can handle fast boards and love to bomb down runs, the Machete will do the job. This board had great edge to edge control and had 0 chatter when bombing steep, icy runs. It also had a very satisfying amount of pop. Popping off natural features was a joy.

I hear great things about the TRice though. If I needed another all-mountain board, the Machete would be it.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I've tried all but the TRice. I highly favor the Machete. The Slayblade's 0 camber is cool and all, but it just isn't as fun as the Machete. If you can handle fast boards and love to bomb down runs, the Machete will do the job. This board had great edge to edge control and had 0 chatter when bombing steep, icy runs. It also had a very satisfying amount of pop. Popping off natural features was a joy.

I hear great things about the TRice though. If I needed another all-mountain board, the Machete would be it.

I heard great things about the Slayblade and heard it bombs runs pretty well. and i hear the 0 cam and harshmellow are awesome.
I thought the Machete might be a board more for all mountain but with a park specific focus, am i wrong here?

I want a board that just straight up fuckin RIPS.. big kickers when i need to hit em but nothin that im gonna take into the park unless its to launch off of a booter..
my main focus is to point the nose straight down and carve the mountain in half and possibly catch airs offa shit on the way down..

Ive been wanting that T.Rice but never pulled the trigger at the begining of the year and ended up with a btx which is fine until it got stolen.

i also hear good things about the NS heritage and Slr

im just stuck on what to grab..
Old 02-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Machete is leaning towards the park, but this board just rips all-mountain. Slimewalls! Harsmellow is definitely good from K2's camp. For a K2, I'd rather get the Turbo Dream or DarkStar. Still, I enjoyed the Machete a lot more than the Slayblade.

I do perform freestyle moves on the mountain though so that could be the reason why I loved it so much.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
The Machete is leaning towards the park, but this board just rips all-mountain. Slimewalls! Harsmellow is definitely good from K2's camp. For a K2, I'd rather get the Turbo Dream or DarkStar. Still, I enjoyed the Machete a lot more than the Slayblade.

I do perform freestyle moves on the mountain though so that could be the reason why I loved it so much.
the turbo dream is a reverse cam board right.. and as much as id like to ride in pow i live in the east coast and ride in ice and man made most of the time.. i think the turbo dream might be better suited in back country or big mountain.

My TRS was a reverse cam and im thinking i want a little in that area.. so if it is reverse cam i want it to have a little camber as well..

decisions decisions...