Just picked up 2009 burton deuce - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
GISX

Default Just picked up 2009 burton deuce

Hi, newbie to the forum here!

Just found a 2009 159 burton Deuce at dicks sporting goods for $141. I'm stoked about the $ but not sure about the board style. I'm upgrading from my 2001 Burton Charger (161cm). I can tell (just by pushing and leaning against) that this new board is has a lot more flex than my old charger.

I'm about 5'11", 240lbs. Do you guys this this board would suit me?

I dont do park (jumps, rails, half pipe, etc). I'm more into all-mountain any conditions. I havn't kept up with any newer technology in regards to snowboarding. I've just been riding 4-6 times per year on my charger.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I know lots of people are pushing away from Burton, but my 2001 charger was pretty good for me. I liked the never summer (sl?) board but all those boards were spec'd out at like $500 and this was a bargain deal.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
VAhasnoWAVES

its a good board, but pretty soft. i just picked up the 2010 duece myself in the 159 flavor. your weight may work against you since it is fairly limber. idk to be honest with you. killer deal though, worste case scenerio... i say try it out and see how it feels. if nothing else you got a board to butter around on and and jib for a good price. while it may not be IDEAL, a deal is a deal. get another board if it isnt exactly what ya want and build a quiver.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
GISX

Thanks for your feedback. Do you think that the board can handle my weight? I want something that can hold up a little bit. I dont want it to snap...

What do you mean by 'my weight might work against me'. Does that mean you think it would be harder for me to turn/control? I dont know too much about all this stuff..

I can still return this board (within a couple weeks) as long as I haven't used it yet...

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
GISX

update...

I returned the Burton Deuce to the store. Was too unsure of the flex & length. I picked up a 2007 Never Summer SL 164cm on craigslist instead. Rode that over the weekend and had a blast!!! I'm looking to get the 2010 NeverSummer SL now with the rocker+camber stuff...
Old 03-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

yea i think the NS was a better choice...i think the deuce would be too small for you...especially for ur weight. A 164 sounds more like it