Pls help (owners of nitro pantera) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
daka123

Default Pls help (owners of nitro pantera)

I am thinking about the nitro pantera (not the lx). I may buy it but I would like if you can to tell me a little about it. Is it worth the money and I am still beginner, so will it be too stiff for me and could I learn on it? Ty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I am absolutely in love with my Pantera. As a matter of fact, I have just finish waxing it 10 mins ago XD!!!

I bought this board because I wanted strictly an all-mountain deck (planning on getting another board strictly for park as well). If you're looking for all mountain, this thing delivers like crazy. The Pantera is Nitro's top of the line sintered board. Nitro boasts this board for being all about speed. I can attest to this statement being very true. This thing can hold an edge very well at stupidly high speeds. Since it's a rigid board (flex rating 6)it's got quite a bit a pop, which is good for those jumps and drops that are fun to tackle. The sintered base makes for passing people on flat ground pretty easy (mind you I do wax it pretty regularly). The fact that it is rigid makes for pretty wicked manuals/wheelies I find.

The only cons I could find is that the topsheet it kinda fragile in the sense that it will chip pretty easily. I don't care though, you just epoxy that shit and it's like new (takes 3 mins to fix). Other con would be that after 1-2 days of riding you will notice the skid/contact points on your toe and heel edge will have about of 2-3 inches of gray hairs. (don't know if I'm just being a perfectionist or because I'm using crappy wax? - but in either case, doesn't really affect the performance of the board cause it's such a tiny area, it's just looks.)

Comes with a two-year warranty which is also cool. But I don't think warranties on snowboards are really needed anyways.

It's cambered so it's great for accelerating out of carves, also good for half-pipe.

This board will be fine for you to learn on as I have learned with it too. Just might be a liiiitle more tougher than say a flexy park board. But the ''beginner phase'' will only last you like 3-4 trips max.

Last edited by fredericp64; 02-21-2010 at 10:03 PM.
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
daka123

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredericp64 View Post
I am absolutely in love with my Pantera. As a matter of fact, I have just finish waxing it 10 mins ago XD!!!

I bought this board because I wanted strictly an all-mountain deck (planning on getting another board strictly for park as well). If you're looking for all mountain, this thing delivers like crazy. The Pantera is Nitro's top of the line sintered board. Nitro boasts this board for being all about speed. I can attest to this statement being very true. This thing can hold an edge very well at stupidly high speeds. Since it's a rigid board (flex rating 6)it's got quite a bit a pop, which is good for those jumps and drops that are fun to tackle. The sintered base makes for passing people on flat ground pretty easy (mind you I do wax it pretty regularly). The fact that it is rigid makes for pretty wicked manuals/wheelies I find.

The only cons I could find is that the topsheet it kinda fragile in the sense that it will chip pretty easily. I don't care though, you just epoxy that shit and it's like new (takes 3 mins to fix). Other con would be that after 1-2 days of riding you will notice the skid/contact points on your toe and heel edge will have about of 2-3 inches of gray hairs. (don't know if I'm just being a perfectionist or because I'm using crappy wax? - but in either case, doesn't really affect the performance of the board cause it's such a tiny area, it's just looks.)

Comes with a two-year warranty which is also cool. But I don't think warranties on snowboards are really needed anyways.

It's cambered so it's great for accelerating out of carves, also good for half-pipe.

This board will be fine for you to learn on as I have learned with it too. Just might be a liiiitle more tougher than say a flexy park board. But the ''beginner phase'' will only last you like 3-4 trips max.
Thank you so much! And btw, what bindings should I get for it?

Last edited by daka123; 02-22-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have heard the best things about Rome Targas - Rome Targa Snowboard Bindings Reviews & Sale | SierraSnowboard.com - If you live in the States I would get those since it's free shipping and a good price for one of the best bindings out there. If it's too expensive for you. Try this one - Union Force Snowboard Bindings Reviews & Sale | SierraSnowboard.com - which is also very good. I'd encourage you to check out other bindings on this site as well. They're currently having a large clearance sale on everything.

I personally have Raiden Blackhawk bindings - NITRO SNOWBOARDS | BLACKHAWK - and they're real comfy. Only thing is after 3-4 runs, I have to give 1 click to my lead foot cause it comes loose 1 click.
fredericp64 is offline   Reply With Quote