I JUST ORDERED MY BOARD AND BINDINGS - How'd I do? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:48 PM
nikiddawg

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I JUST ORDERED MY BOARD AND BINDINGS - How'd I do?

I posted yesterday looking for some help in deciding what board and binding I should buy as my first board. Here's my situation:
I've been riding for 2 seasons. Been renting till now and the rentals just suck. I ride mostly out east on groomed mountains. No park or freestyle for me and I don't plan on it. I'm looking for a nice cruising board mostly for carving down the mountain. I'll take the occasional bump but that's about it. More about just loving the flow and easy ride. Some speed is good.

I'm 5'8
165-170lbs (solid)
This season I bought a pair of Burton Motos (size 9) which I'm happy with.

It's my first board. Also need bindings. Total budget is ~$300. Unfortunately, I only get to board at best 10times per year.

Based on my research, this is what I ordered:
Arbor Formula 158cm (Also...Did I order the right size or should have gone with the 161?)

Burton Custom Bindings (grey with red - matches the board nicely)

How'd I do?

Last edited by nikiddawg; 02-22-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Arbors are damn good boards .. the customs youll find some that hate some that love thatll be your call in the long run
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:24 PM
nikiddawg

Thoughts on the Burton Customs vs. the Ride Rxs for just about $10 more?
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Arbor makes fine boards. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

The only Burton Customs I've ever ridden were older than dirt, so I can't really say much about the newer models. I've never ridden the RXs, but I did destroy a pair of SPi's. I don't like Ride's all aluminum construction. It results in a lot of board chatter being translated through the bindings and into your legs. I'm primarily a freeride guy too, but I found the SPi's stiff to the point of being uncomfortable.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good board, decent bindings, meh boots(but if they are comfy and fit well it doesn't matter), perfect board size. You should be ready to rock!

'09 151 Never Summer SL-R
'10 K2 T1 DB Bots
'09 Burton Cartel Bindings
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 02:31 PM
alasdairm

i am always intrigued when people ask for feedback on a setup after they have bought it. aren't answers to these questions more useful before the purchase?

:\

alasdair
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 03:06 PM
nikiddawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alasdairm View Post
i am always intrigued when people ask for feedback on a setup after they have bought it. aren't answers to these questions more useful before the purchase?

:\

alasdair
Is that rhetorical? What's more intriguing is that all of your posts on this forum are pretty useless and unhelpful (not to mention sarcastic). Dude...you just sound like an angry, bitter human being. But thanks for your sage advice there Yoda. It REALLY helped!

That said, I ordered the items online so if I had really made a big mistake, I could easily change/cancel the order.

Last edited by nikiddawg; 02-22-2010 at 03:51 PM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 03:22 PM
nikiddawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Arbor makes fine boards. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

The only Burton Customs I've ever ridden were older than dirt, so I can't really say much about the newer models. I've never ridden the RXs, but I did destroy a pair of SPi's. I don't like Ride's all aluminum construction. It results in a lot of board chatter being translated through the bindings and into your legs. I'm primarily a freeride guy too, but I found the SPi's stiff to the point of being uncomfortable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
Good board, decent bindings, meh boots(but if they are comfy and fit well it doesn't matter), perfect board size. You should be ready to rock!
Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
Arbors are damn good boards .. the customs youll find some that hate some that love thatll be your call in the long run
Thanks to all of you. Helpful info to me. I appreciate it!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 03:59 PM
BCoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikiddawg View Post
What's more intriguing is that all of your posts on this forum are pretty useless and unhelpful (not to mention sarcastic). Dude...you just sound like an angry, bitter human being.
Word

10char
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:21 PM
nikiddawg

Check out this shot

Was doing some trolling online and found this really great picture detailing the Arbor Formula's slick (and sick) design. I just checked the order status on the one I ordered yesterday and it's "in transit"! Should be here by the weekend. Wooo Hoooooo!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode