Want to learn new tricks, need park board for my quiv. Banana? Carbon? Scope? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Want to learn new tricks, need park board for my quiv. Banana? Carbon? Scope?

So I am looking to pick up a fun park board late in season here. I already have my solid every day camber board to ride all over the mountain, but I want a true park board to help improve my tricks. Something that will help me learn more for boxes, rails and kickers. I think a reverse camber is what im looking for...so where do you stand on this?

Skate Banana- Found a 156W (which i need for my sz 12's) for a great price brand new 2010 for under $300. Heard so much mixed opinions about these, but seems like it is a great board to really get down and dirty in the park and learn a bunch of new stuff on.

GNU Carbon Credit- Similar to the SB, but seems to be a bit stiffer. Not sure I need that since im looking for a strictly park board...but I do like this board too.

Capita Sierrascope FK 155W - Not stoaked on the graphics for this stick, but heard great things about it all over the place. Has the reverse and camber I believe, and suppose to be killer in the park.

Honestly, right now im leaning towards this Blue Skate Banana thats in a local shop of mine

Thoughts?
uberR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

You should check out the Never Summer Circuit-R. I am sure you can get one now for a steal!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

I looked at the NS and they look awesome. However, due to foot size, I think I def. need a wide board. I don't see any of those NS boards in a wide or waist width nearing close to 26 in my size (154-157)
Old 02-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
MauiWowie

i didnt like the graphics for the sierrascope when i saw it online but in person it is pretty sick so dont let that stop you from getting it
Old 02-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

So putting graphics aside, which is a better park board in your opinion?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Dont exclude Arbor Del Ray and the Arbor Wasteland in your searches Good luck finding a board. I got a 2010 Del Ray for 260 but the wasteland is a little more pricy. My best friend is also riding a Ride Kink and loves it too.
Eightfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

I guess ill even throw the K2 Parkstar in there (they do make a nice 154 W)

Alot of really good choices!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:42 AM   #8 (permalink)

I am just really torn on which board is going to be ideal for learning tricks better.

The Parkstar is growing on me, and heck I do like the Banana but there are so many negative (and positive) opinions out there about the SB, its tough to know what your gonna experience.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

The scope only comes in 156 and 152 sizes. Im 5'10" 150-160lbs 10.5 Boots and on the 152. Boards nice and flexy but still stable at speed.

I also have the 2010 Blunt if you wanna consider that? Its pretty impossible to catch an edge, easy to flex as well (rated 3), it gets chattery at speed if the run isnt groomed nicely but is tolerable, I have this in a 155 and wore a 11 boot with it.

I havent rode the SB or CC but have rode the MC Kink in a 153 and that board was a bit more stiff then the other two I mentioned here (I wanna say it rated at 5.5?), I cant really remember too much about it but I do know Im still not too sure about the whole magnetraction tech, maybe I just need more then 6 hours with it, idk, its different but some people absolutely love it.

Goodluck with your purchase!
sevenstarsfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

I think im getting down to the K2 Parkstar Wide or the Skate Banana/GNU Carbon

They both seem great, and ive heard that the SB is great for learning tricks on. Any truth to this? Read that the spinning is good and the hook up on rails is good...but will the magne traction be a problem on rails/boxes?

Thanks for your help guys!