Salomon definition 165+straps+boots for $225, good deal? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
BTH

Default Salomon definition 165+straps+boots for $225, good deal?

My neighbor is selling me a salomon 07-08 definition 165 with burton moto boots and nice over-toe straps for $225. The board is in pretty good shape but the edges are rusted up.

Im 5'11 and weigh about 185.
Would this board float well on powder? The owner guarantees that it is great for powder and also rips in anything else. I'd like to hear someone else's thoughts. Thanks to all replies
BTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Have you tried on the boots before you realize that they destroy your feet?
wolfbaden6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
BTH

Yea I tried on the boots and they were my size maybe a little bigger. They look nice, have these burton boots destroyed your feet before?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

I just asked that as a general question - just trying to make sure you don't make a regrettable purchase
wolfbaden6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
BTH

anyone have a comment on the board? I'll most likely buy it but wanted to hear at least someone say its a good deal, or im getting jibbed. Any replies are welcome, thanks!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

I personally think a 165 is pretty big for your weight/height... something more like 155-159 might make more sense. Also, you want the boots to be pretty snug... "a little big" is a recipe for a lot of pain and difficulty on the slopes.

I personally don't think it's THAT great of a deal... if you are willing to spend a little bit more (esp on good-fitting boots), I think you would be better off
mjung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
BTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjung View Post
I personally think a 165 is pretty big for your weight/height... something more like 155-159 might make more sense. Also, you want the boots to be pretty snug... "a little big" is a recipe for a lot of pain and difficulty on the slopes.

I personally don't think it's THAT great of a deal... if you are willing to spend a little bit more (esp on good-fitting boots), I think you would be better off
Thanks for the reply, i did ride a 155 every time ive been there. I was a little scared that the 165 wouldn't be as maneuverable or too long for me (not sure what the difference in length will do). Its still falls between my nose and chin, closer to the chin. But the truth is I'm clueless about which board I should get.

The boots, well maybe a little big was an overstatement. They are quite snug but i can move around my toes a bit. If i had 2 pairs of socks on then it would have been very snug.

The only concern I have now is the board. Do you think id be able to find a used 157-160? I want my board to float well on powder, would it being 165 help or is it more a tail thing? Please help me make a good choice here!

thanks for the replies guys