Does it make a difference? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
MidwestDivision

25.8 will be fine for 11.5's and binding angles of +/-15. Wiredsport knows what he's talking about...he's steering you in the right direction. I also agree on purchasing from somewhere else that has a 156. A 159 will be pretty long for you, especially in the park.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

yeah this whole thing is making me mad but i don't want to return it and order a new board because I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a week of snowboarding.. The guys at the store matched me up with a 162 wide... do you think a 162 wide is even usable for a guy my size in the park? My other option there is a 159 wide but that's gonna be a hassle to return and everything so is it worth trading it in for the 3 cm or whatever?
bendahen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendahen99 View Post
and can i ride a board that is not wide with size 11.5 feet?
Sure, but at 14 years old you are guaranteed to gain weight and shoe size, and you are pretty well maxed out on both for the normal 155 and 158. The 156 Wide is actually a good bit stiffer (you can disregard the Burton specs which have them all fitting essentially the same weight range).
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendahen99 View Post
yeah this whole thing is making me mad but i don't want to return it and order a new board because I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a week of snowboarding.. The guys at the store matched me up with a 162 wide... do you think a 162 wide is even usable for a guy my size in the park? My other option there is a 159 wide but that's gonna be a hassle to return and everything so is it worth trading it in for the 3 cm or whatever?
The thing is that 162 cm Wide board is a lot of extra board to deal with in rotations, on the rail, and even in basic flatland tricks. Can you do it? Sure, but it will definately limit your performance...and with no upside. Sometimes salespeople will sell what they have in stock. Take the time to get the right board. You will own it for a while and the effort now will be worth it over the life of the board.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote