which of these handles everything better?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default which of these handles everything better??

ok, im kinda looking to get another board that can do it all, handle the steep slopes good, high speeds, excel in the park & jumps, flexible enough for flatland tricks too...heres my choices i have in my head right now..tell me what u think? im on a 152cm right now thought of maybe trying up to a 155cm to help stability at high speeds but not sure, i dont wanna lose any nose & tail flex though..

Never Summer SL-R
Never Summer EVO-R
Nitro Swindle
Nitro T1
Capita Sierrascope FK
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

How much do you weight? Considering you're on a 152 right now, a 156 Sierrascope or 155 Evo-R should meet your needs.
fatboyj711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyj711 View Post
How much do you weight? Considering you're on a 152 right now, a 156 Sierrascope or 155 Evo-R should meet your needs.
i weight 155lbs....ive been wanting to try a NS board for the past year but id already bought my board for this season, they just seem like such great boards from everyones talk, id just never heard much about the EVO-R on the mtn. just in the park, so i didnt know what to do...i know the SL-R is great everywhere from what i hear
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Rooster King

i just ordered a 155 SL-R for exactly what you desribed - i'm 5'10" ~145... will be my first NS board

it will be an all mt/park board, but i wanted the extra stiffness for dropping cliffs and more pop

if you're into a flexier board the evo would work real good too... its no noodle for sure
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

At 155 lbs, the 155 Evo-R should be stable enough to take all over the mountain and still be flexy enough to jib and butter effortlessly. If you're looking to drop cliffs and hit big kickers, the SL-R is probably the better stick for you, but it won't be nearly as fun pressing and jibbing as the Evo or Sierrascope. I have both the SL-R and Sierrascope, and I have a lot more fun riding the scope all over the mountain.
fatboyj711 is offline   Reply With Quote