What size pickle? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
jaybiRRd

Default What size pickle?

Hey guys, Im really looking at the gnu park pickle. Im looking for a park board that can hit up the rest of the mountain as well. Im not really sure what size to get it in though? I was thinking 156. Would that be too small for someone thats 5'11 and about 180 lbs? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiRRd View Post
Hey guys, Im really looking at the gnu park pickle. Im looking for a park board that can hit up the rest of the mountain as well. Im not really sure what size to get it in though? I was thinking 156. Would that be too small for someone thats 5'11 and about 180 lbs? Thanks in advance.
This would be fine for you providing your under a size 12 boot, then you would need the wide. It comes in the 159 as well but they say to size GNU/LIB boards up to 3
centimeters smaller than a traditional cambered board.

Last edited by Chainsaw; 02-23-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
jaybiRRd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
This would be fine for you providing your under a size 12 boot, then you would need the wide. It comes in the 159 as well but they say to size GNU/LIB boards up to 3
centimeters smaller than a traditional cambered board.
Thanks a lot brother. I wear a 10.5 boot so i wont need a wide. Im gonna wait and see if prices drop any more before i bite the bullet. So far, the cheapest i could find it was $344.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

waiting longer might be a bad idea, might sell out. i bought mine at $489 and $344 is a great deal.

im about 5'9/5'10 160lbs and i ride a 153. my friend is 6'0 200lbs and rides a 153 as well. it depends on what you want.
mrpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpez View Post
waiting longer might be a bad idea, might sell out. i bought mine at $489 and $344 is a great deal.

im about 5'9/5'10 160lbs and i ride a 153. my friend is 6'0 200lbs and rides a 153 as well. it depends on what you want.

You are right but from what he says he wants something to blast all over the mountain as well. if it was completely park specific i would say 153 - 156

but i think he wants alot of park and cruising around freestyle freeriding and 156 might serve him better at high speeds and in pow