Top Sheet Scuff - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
wampaSRT

Default Top Sheet Scuff

First off, this is my first post on this site. I have been snowboarding since 2005/06 but have only been on the slopes about 6 or 7 days total and rented each time. I finally invested in my own gear and went to Tahoe this past weekend. While on the mountain I collided with my wife and got a pretty big scuff on the tail of the board (I left the board in Tahoe so I will post pics on Thursday). The top sheet is black and the scuff is about 5-6 inches long, and looks white. It isn't too deep and is most deep at the tip of the tail but still didnt get past the top sheet.

Should I be worried about this or should I do anything to treat it before riding again?

The board is a 2010 DC PBJ LTD 155.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
SHOTGUNABEER

You should be fine, it's only if it penetrates the woodcore b/c then swelling can happen and kill your board but as long as it's just a scrap/scratch you should be ok. If your not sure i would take it to a local shop.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yea your probably fine as long as its just a scratch and not a deep gouge or chip ..

If the back of your board got chipped up or the topsheet started peeling up due to the hit just use some 2 part 24 hour marine epoxy..

But you dont sound that bad
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
wampaSRT

Yeah it's definitely not down to the core. It was a bummer though, first time out and it got a huge scratch, oh well shit happens.

thanks guys.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

you'll most likely get more scratches from skiers ramming your board in the lift line.
lownrangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
wampaSRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownrangr View Post
you'll most likely get more scratches from skiers ramming your board in the lift line.
I've noticed that. I didn't notice it before since I always rented but now I see how it becomes very annoying.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
VAhasnoWAVES

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownrangr View Post
QFT

i want a disclamer on the back of my jacket, "tear up my board with the tips of your skies and i will kill you."
Old 02-24-2010, 02:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Lately I've been just snapping my board down on the tail/tips of their skis (like when you knock snow off), 90% of the time they are on rentals anyways, so they get the point without any real damage done.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonX8 View Post
Lately I've been just snapping my board down on the tail/tips of their skis (like when you knock snow off), 90% of the time they are on rentals anyways, so they get the point without any real damage done.
I know the first time I did that, I'd do it one of those skis with the big ass tip protectors with a protruding screw and put a helluva gouge on my base.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
wampaSRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonX8 View Post
I'll try that lol. I'm going up to tahoe tonight. the North Face snow report app says Diamond Peak got 12 inches last 24h and its still coming down. And I ride free Monday through Friday so it should be a good time.