Used snowboards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
SN0BUNNY

Default Used snowboards

Would you recommend buying a used snowboard/bindings/boots? Or just buy everything new. Just wondering because it's all just so damn expensive. D:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If money is an issue buy the board and bindings used (inspect the board, year, model, damage), but not the boots. A pair of boots will mold to a persons feet after awhile and it's not a good thing to get them used, they are the most important part of your gear.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
SN0BUNNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonX8 View Post
If money is an issue buy the board and bindings used (inspect the board, year, model, damage), but not the boots. A pair of boots will mold to a persons feet after awhile and it's not a good thing to get them used, they are the most important part of your gear.
K, thank you.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
MauiWowie

It's an expensive sport. Once you have the gear all your money will go towards lift tickets and gas. But it is worth every penny.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

It depends.
For boots, I would buy new. Every boot feels differently and a size 9 in one company could be a 10 in another. It's best to go to a shop and try out many different types to see what feels best to YOU. Plus they will conform to your foot...you don't want to wear something fitted to someone else.

For boards and bindings..yeah, you could get with used but it seems that everyone wants top dollar for their used stuff. So buying used over new doesn't really save you all that money...and then you have to worry about how the equipment was treated, if the buyer is legit, etc..

Personally I would buy new and this is the perfect time to do it with all of the crazy sales going on. I take it you're a girl by your name/avatar..if that's the case, you'll have even better luck since the female stuff on sale takes longer to sell out (better chance of finding the board/bindings you want in your size). I was looking at sale stuff for my girl and was amazed at the selection compared to what's available for guys.
Regulatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
SN0BUNNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiWowie View Post
It's an expensive sport. Once you have the gear all your money will go towards lift tickets and gas. But it is worth every penny.
How much are lift tickets?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
SN0BUNNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulatori View Post
It depends.
For boots, I would buy new. Every boot feels differently and a size 9 in one company could be a 10 in another. It's best to go to a shop and try out many different types to see what feels best to YOU. Plus they will conform to your foot...you don't want to wear something fitted to someone else.

For boards and bindings..yeah, you could get with used but it seems that everyone wants top dollar for their used stuff. So buying used over new doesn't really save you all that money...and then you have to worry about how the equipment was treated, if the buyer is legit, etc..

Personally I would buy new and this is the perfect time to do it with all of the crazy sales going on. I take it you're a girl by your name/avatar..if that's the case, you'll have even better luck since the female stuff on sale takes longer to sell out (better chance of finding the board/bindings you want in your size). I was looking at sale stuff for my girl and was amazed at the selection compared to what's available for guys.
If you were looking online, could you link me to the site, please? Thanks.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
MauiWowie

Anywhere from 30-100$ a day. Most places have discounts if you have a student I.D. or they have a girls' night and a guys' night. But that only brings it down like 10 bux usually. The usual price is around 45$ for all day.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

One thing real quick, I'm not sure if other resorts offer it, but here (Ohio) they sell a season pass for around half price in mid Febuary that's good for the rest of this year and all of next year. It's for buying in advance, so if you might not ride much this year it would be an excellent deal. Here it's paid off in 6 trips if you compare what a normal ticket price would be.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote