Another new rider thread (sorry) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
m21att1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Another new rider thread (sorry)

Looking to purchase my first board. I've only been out about 3 days so far, and doing fairly well, I am starting to link turns, and getting a little more comfortable. Looking for an all mountain type board, I'm 5'10'' 185lbs. size 10 boot (already purchased the VANS aura boa and took them out once, I hate putting my feet in rental boots!). I was looking at the Ride Control, Rossignol one mag (although I heard this is for more advanced riders). Anyone want to recommend a beginner board for mostly groomed runs, I'm on the east coast/ICE coast. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Money really isn't an issue for me, not that I'm rich but I've been saving up.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
arsenic0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Posts: 2,106
Default

Hard to say what board necessarily, i have no insight on either of those two.

That said your probably looking at a 156-158 size board non wide obviously...
__________________
'09 151 Never Summer SL-R
'10 K2 T1 DB Bots
'09 Burton Cartel Bindings
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chainsaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m21att1 View Post
Looking to purchase my first board. I've only been out about 3 days so far, and doing fairly well, I am starting to link turns, and getting a little more comfortable. Looking for an all mountain type board, I'm 5'10'' 185lbs. size 10 boot (already purchased the VANS aura boa and took them out once, I hate putting my feet in rental boots!). I was looking at the Ride Control, Rossignol one mag (although I heard this is for more advanced riders). Anyone want to recommend a beginner board for mostly groomed runs, I'm on the east coast/ICE coast. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Money really isn't an issue for me, not that I'm rich but I've been saving up.
Do you ever see yourself going into the park as well in the future? Or are you only going to ride the slopes and never go into the park.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
m21att1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
Do you ever see yourself going into the park as well in the future? Or are you only going to ride the slopes and never go into the park.
90% slopes, but most likely I will try the park when I get a bit more comfortable on a board.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
m21att1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
Hard to say what board necessarily, i have no insight on either of those two.

That said your probably looking at a 156-158 size board non wide obviously...
Thanks, I've been told so many different things from shops around here, I'm not sure who to believe. They said basically anything from 158-163 non wide.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
wampaSRT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m21att1 View Post
90% slopes, but most likely I will try the park when I get a bit more comfortable on a board.
I also recently decided to purchase my own gear. Like you, I wanted to keep my options open so if I decided to try the park I didn't have to buy a new board. I went with the DC PBJ LTD 155. It has plenty of flex for when I want to hit the park but is still very enjoyable riding down the slope.

I bought boots before I bought bindings and didnt try the boot with the binding first...big mistake. My foot is big (11.5) and they dont fit with my Flow Flite 3's how they should. Quality is decent but last night I was at the shop and felt the other bindings available and there are some really nice bindings with very smooth ratchets. Just take your time and do some tangible research.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
m21att1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampaSRT View Post
I also recently decided to purchase my own gear. Like you, I wanted to keep my options open so if I decided to try the park I didn't have to buy a new board. I went with the DC PBJ LTD 155. It has plenty of flex for when I want to hit the park but is still very enjoyable riding down the slope.

I bought boots before I bought bindings and didnt try the boot with the binding first...big mistake. My foot is big (11.5) and they dont fit with my Flow Flite 3's how they should. Quality is decent but last night I was at the shop and felt the other bindings available and there are some really nice bindings with very smooth ratchets. Just take your time and do some tangible research.
Thanks man, I'll do some more research for sure can't wait to get my own gear. The season is almost over here in the North East, but I plan on getting a season pass next season!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
m21att1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

OK guys, after a lot of research I think I'm going to try out the Sierra Team board. Seems fairly forgiving and a good board for the price.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums