valid all-mountain with traditional camber: any left? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default valid all-mountain with traditional camber: any left?

I just happened to browse 2011 K2 catalog, and noticed also the Zero model is going to lose its camber for the Flatline. The Podium is going to be in the bin for the Fastplant.
So I wonder: besides Burton Custom and Ride Concept Tms, which are the best most versatile all-mountain boards left with traditional camber?
lorcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcar View Post
I just happened to browse 2011 K2 catalog, and noticed also the Zero model is going to lose its camber for the Flatline. The Podium is going to be in the bin for the Fastplant.
So I wonder: besides Burton Custom and Ride Concept Tms, which are the best most versatile all-mountain boards left with traditional camber?
They still offer Travis Rice libtech boards without camber
Old 02-24-2010, 03:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Power Bottom

id go arbor for camber
PaulyMolitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Bataleon boards have traditional camber with slightly raise contact points...the Jam is their very popular all mountain board
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For traditional cambered boards, Arbor is at the top of my list. They make amazing boards with nice clean graphics too. They have several AM boards to choose from, such as the Element, Coda, and Nightrain. I also like the Ride Concept TMS, Ride Society, and the MTX only Lib Travis Rice.

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 02-24-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

thanks for replying guys.
It will be my first board, that's the reason I'd like to stick to something more traditional. No chances to demo boards, so I prefer not to adventure in fancy setup/technology. That's the reason I'd like to stay with a well proven profile and improve as everyone else did.
Where I live everyone talks about the Custom, but as I learned there are many other boards. I am looking for a directional twin, all mountain, a bit more pow oriented than park, good for tricks on the flat, and no-chattering very stable at high speed, and carving like laser. That said, which one should I pick? I dont need a super stiff board like CustomX or T6.
I have been looking K2 Turbodream, but not sure about the Rocker. Then fell in love with the expensive K2 Zero. Very difficult to find here in Europe, and now I am reading they change the camber. How is this Flatline? Any of you rode it?
So, what should I pick? ;-) Arbor is not very popular here where I live, and finding it is going to be a mess
lorcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

the Sierra Crew is a Burton Custom for $250.
TXBDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcar View Post
...I prefer not to adventure in fancy setup/technology. That's the reason I'd like to stay with a well proven profile and improve as everyone else did.
...Arbor is not very popular here where I live, and finding it is going to be a mess
that's what a lot of people don't realize: Bataleon boards are basically regular cambered boards with only a very slight raising of the contact points. It's a really simple tweak and that's the beauty.

They're also probably most popular in europe (since that's the brands origin and area of manufacture), so finding one and at the lowest price should be a very real option.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
kwoodshredder

Not sure if you decided yet, but I bought an Arbor Coda 161 in January and it kills the mountain. I've ridden it in a foot of fresh, on groomers, through the chop, in slush, off of kickers, on boxes, on hard pack ice and in the pipe. It hasen't let me down yet. I've been very surprised at how well it does at everything. Good edge hold, plenty of pop, smooth on landings from big kickers. It is seriously a fun all mountain board to ride. It doesn't excell at just one certain part of the mountain, yet it does well at everything on the mountain (if that makes sense???).
Old 04-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
lamb

Endeavor, IMO...make sweet boards. And most of theirs are still traditional camber. The Live is one of the most versatile boards on the market; great pop, good flex, very responsive, and hold an edge for quite some time. Mine has held up great since the '08/'09 season and would easily last '10/'11 without any trouble.